The following archive contains a modified Includes_MediaFlags.xml file which changes the Aeon skin to use the resolution, codec etc. information stored in the internal database and extracted by XBMC.
Complete skin with native flagging:
- Backup your profile
- Install the latest svn build
- Enable the option "Extract media metadata information" in Settings->Video->General
- Download the skin from github (Download #2)
- Unzip the skin into the XBMC skin folder
- (Re)start XBMC with Aeon and browse your movies library
- (optional) Report any bugs like missing codecs or missing major studio logos
If you want to display the media source (Blu-Ray, HD-DVD or DVD) instead of the codec you must add one of the following strings to the media filename:
- Blu-Ray: Blu-Ray, BluRay or BDRip
- HD-DVD: HD-DVD or HDDVD
- DVD: DVD
Obviously if you want just the codec (xvid, divx, h264, ...) to show up you need to remove these strings from your media files. MediaRenamer is one tool which can help you in cleaning up your filenames.
The larger archive (not the small basic) also contains a media/multiplex folder and the two files Font.xml and Viewtype_Multiplex.xml in the 720p folder. These are optional and will result in a similar look like krypt2nite posted in the Workaround mediaflagging thread. If you like to have movie names and tvshow/episode name in the titlebar of the multiplex frame you can unzip the media/multiplex and these two files from the 720p folder into your Aeon skin.
- Zip archive with the mod. Download the latest version from the share. There are two versions - the basic does not include the optional multiplex view changes and only contains the stuff to enable the flags for movie and tv-show views.
- Complete skin from github.
For those using media manager applications to create NFOs
If you stored any additional stuff in your Studio tags then this mod will not display any Studio images for you. Instead of using many many images and show them based on the studio tag this mod uses the studio name itself to find the studios logo! You should be able to just update your NFOs and then repopulate the database.
Thanks and Credits
- CpnBry for the amazing work on the HD video flagging code for XBMC
- freezy for creating the special build that includes the new code.
- djh_ for the Aeon skin
- Everyone who created and shared their studio logos!
- krypt2nite for the new multiplex with info in title view and his work on the Workaround Media Flagging code which is used partly as a base for the TV show flagging.
- The people who created and shared their flag images (See this thread for what was exactly created and shared by who)