How can I edit Movie/TV information in XBMC's video library?
Question 
I genuinely cannot find any way to do it. How do you alter the already-scraped library information for each movie or video? There are many occassions when I need to change something but cannot - highlighting the entry and hitting enter, LMB, RMB; nothing works. Particularly for changing things such as "genre". Since there's no seperate catagories for TV series/documentary/cartoon/anime, I need to rely on the genre field to seperate these, and it doesn't help when the scraper constantly intermixes them. It's pretty much just the only thing, cluttering the genre catagory with so many needless, one-off genres like "popcorn movie" and "match cut", and making "horror" and "horror film" separate or classifying A Clockwork Orange as "stop motion".
You can't from within the UI. You can, ofcourse, export to XML and edit there.

As for the useless genres, I strongly encourage you to pop over to themoviedb.org and request that they normalize their genre listings. It's getting quite out of hand.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:You can't from within the UI. You can, ofcourse, export to XML and edit there.

That's what I was considering. If I do that, will it cause any chaos with fanart/poster selection or anything else when I import the changed XML back? If it doesn't, then it should be great!
what is this XML?? is it a seperate program?? and what does it do?
See here:
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Import_-_Export_Library
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
is there still no change in this?
i use imdb as default scraper because themoviedb doesn't cover my taste in films
somehow however imdb's 'Year' entry doesn't always fall into place
i'd like to be able to sort by year though...
if i could only enter the year manually i'd be fine... the whole xml routine makes things unconvenient
sjogro Wrote:is there still no change in this?
i use imdb as default scraper because themoviedb doesn't cover my taste in films
somehow however imdb's 'Year' entry doesn't always fall into place
i'd like to be able to sort by year though...
if i could only enter the year manually i'd be fine... the whole xml routine makes things unconvenient
just update your scraper. imdb's going to keep changing their site so get used to it.
i'm sorry i don't fully understand, how do i update my scraper?
do you mean i need to retry getting movie information or do you mean i need to update scraper settings? (how?)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I edit Movie/TV information in XBMC's video library?0