Audio Sync
Hey Guys,

I am seeing when playing a standard Avi file the audio will go slowly out of sync with the video, If I stop the video and restart it its in sync again and will slowly go back out of sync.

Using a MacBook 2.0 Ghz Core 2 Duo.

Optical hookup to a Logitech Z-5450

I will post a log tomorrow.

Just wanted to see if anyone has seen this and maybe there is a simple correction.
I have had this on basically badly encoded video, that I erm found.
drwickman Wrote:...a standard Avi file...
I'm not trying to be a smart-a** but there is no such thing as a standard AVI file. AVI is a container format that can hold very many combinations of audio and video codecs. When you capture your logs, I suggest also running the file through something like MediaInfo to see what's inside it. It will help determine where the problem really lies.
Please pastebin a log and the output from mediainfo (google if you are not familiar). I have an idea of what the cause is but need more supporting evidence.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

This may be fixed in SVN r21057. Hard to say with no data.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Sorroy. Meant to post to the Windows forum as that is where I noticed the problem. Perhaps it would be helpful here as well.

Here is the mediainfo for one file that has significant audio sync error.

http://pastebin.com/m560c7998
Yup. That one should be fine with the fix. NanDub is one of the muxers that creates the problem files, and that one has all the indicators.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Sync0