[MAC] Snow Leopard QuickTime H.264 hardware accelerated video decoding used by XBMC?
Lightbulb 
Snow leopard will support:

"QuickTime H.264 hardware acceleration
requires a Mac with a NVIDIA 9400M graphics processor."

http://www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html

Will XBMC for Mac support H.264 hardware acceleration running on a mac mini with NVIDIA 9400M graphics processor?

Br, Daniel
no.

as i already answered you in another thread + davilla detailed yesterday
No, again and I say this over and over again. Until QuickTime H.264 hardware acceleration is exposed in the API, the is no way for ANY non-apple application to access this feature without a serious reverse-engineering effort that could break anytime OSX is updated.
davilla Wrote:Until QuickTime H.264 hardware acceleration is exposed in the API, the is no way for ANY non-apple application to access this feature without a serious reverse-engineering effort that could break anytime OSX is updated.

Not very "Open" is it?
surprised? it's apple
the only chance will be if ffmpeg gets opencl support in the future
mac mini with mac os + hw acceleration would be Smile

One can always wish...
dannybullit Wrote:mac mini with mac os + hw acceleration would be Smile

One can always wish...

eventually .. down the road i expect that to be a reality .. however i've read plenty of posts on here and on plex's forums about users with even older mac mini's (non hw capable .. and also weaker in general then the current versions) not having any real issues even with 1080p content
Perhaps low bitrate, or non-full-frame 1080p, sure. Full frame 1080p at a decent bitrate (even just 10-12Mbps) does not play fine on a 1.83GHz c2d intel mac mini.

It is close, mind you, so I'd expect a 2.33GHz c2d (or maybe even a 2.0GHz if you're lucky) to perform OK on that media.

Higher bitrate (i.e. closer to real bluray sources) h264 or VC1 is a different story - good luck getting 1080p to play on anything less than 3GHz.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I've not had a chance to check on ADC but I believe that QuickTime X is available to all Mac OS X applications just as QuickTime is currently available to all applications.

However, I would guess the reason this will never make it into XBMC is due to the fact that it's not cross platform.
there is no cross platform solution for hw accel of video so that's not "standing in the way" as such

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Snow Leopard QuickTime H.264 hardware accelerated video decoding used by XBMC?0