Possible to tell library scan not to scan EVERY folder EVERY time?
I have many TV shows stored on a file server. I watch these on my TV using XBMC on my Xbox.

The TV shows range from old shows to current shows which still have episodes coming out each week.

When I download a new episode of a TV show I copy it onto the appropriate folder on the file server.

Then when I turn the Xbox on next it automatically scans the folders on the server and updates the XBMC library to include the recently added episodes.

The problem is XBMC spends ages needlessly going through all the old TV shows to see if anything has changed, and I need to wait for it to do this before the recently added episode will show in the library so I can watch it.

Is there any way to tell XBMC to not bother rescanning certain TV shows every time? There is no point me having to wait while XBMC looks for updates on a TV show that I have all the episodes of and that isn't being made anymore for instance.

If not, is there any other way I can speed up new episodes appearing in the library?

Many Thanks
James
well, sort of.

if you set content on the folder holding the show, and tick 'folder contains a single tvshow', you can also tick 'exclude folder from library updates'. maybe it would be easier to move all the shows that never update into a single folder, then set that folder to be excluded from library scans
Is there an easier way to do this with the latest versions? I'd rather not split up my TV shows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Possible to tell library scan not to scan EVERY folder EVERY time?0