• 238(current)
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList
azido Wrote:actually i think it's quite a cool idea though on showmix that style would also be used as an overlay for your tv-shows, since the texture overlays share. it would be fine for movies, but just not really right for tv show posters imho.. more likely you end up in modifying the posters itself (which i think you did anyway) but this would mean you would loose our texture overlays for the tvshow posters (glass and borders) and in the end loose consistency.

and yes, of course you are right: the poster overlays are inside textures.xpr.

Thank you for your help.
For Alaska I just edited the texture overlays and modified the posters themselves (that was my intention). I made minimal changes to the overlays so there is also consistency in the TV view.
I would like to just edit the overlay for the Wallview in Showmix (the overlay has an bold inner-border like Alaska did)
I don't think the overlay for the Wallview is the same as multiplex, if so I will just edit those, just have to figure out .xpr (Edit. textures.xpr is protected waste of time post)
azido Wrote:actually i think it's quite a cool idea though on showmix that style would also be used as an overlay for your tv-shows, since the texture overlays share. it would be fine for movies, but just not really right for tv show posters imho.. more likely you end up in modifying the posters itself (which i think you did anyway) but this would mean you would loose our texture overlays for the tvshow posters (glass and borders) and in the end loose consistency.

and yes, of course you are right: the poster overlays are inside textures.xpr.

Is there any way to have overlays attach on the same basis that flags are assigned. So for anything with "Blu-Ray", HDTV"... in the file name it would apply the respective overlay, if this is possible then TV posters would be safe and just have a different overlay.
Hey all. Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the letters that pop up as you browse through the library indicating if your in A..B..C...etc?

Thanks!

Love the skin!
all further questions should be asked at http://www.showmix-project.com forums.
cheers,azido :;):
chippie Wrote:Is there any way to have overlays attach on the same basis that flags are assigned. So for anything with "Blu-Ray", HDTV"... in the file name it would apply the respective overlay, if this is possible then TV posters would be safe and just have a different overlay.

After experimenting I don't think this would work because of the dimensions of poster art in general. After enquiring about changing the overlays I just ended up editing the templates so they looked better in Showmix. I ended up going the long way around by customising every movie's poster art with the specific templates (which has its benefits of perfection). Overall with Showmix's texture overlays they look even better.

DR. Stranger Wrote:. I ended up going the long way around by customising every movie's poster art with the specific templates (which has its benefits of perfection). Overall with Showmix's texture overlays they look even better.[/align]

I did this myself awhile Back just modified each movie poster yes it took awhile BUT IT LOOKS GREAT

To edit the textures I used this XPRExpressV1.0.1
Thanks, not really an option for me as I have over 2,500 movies. :-(
chippie Wrote:Thanks, not really an option for me as I have over 2,500 movies. :-(

Well that program will let you extract the templates to edit and repack them.
Ram2000 Wrote:Well that program will let you extract the templates to edit and repack them.

OK, I am a little lost now. Are Overlays and Templates two different things?
Downloaded XPRExpress but keep getting Unhandled Exception Errors so cannot really get far with it.
How do I get the templates to apply to certain posters?

Perhaps I am missing something here, so, if someone has a little time perhaps they could explain exactly how I can get my posters to look like the ones above without editing each one individually, if this is posible at all.

Thanks.
DR. Stranger Wrote:After experimenting I don't think this would work because of the dimensions of poster art in general. After enquiring about changing the overlays I just ended up editing the templates so they looked better in Showmix. I ended up going the long way around by customising every movie's poster art with the specific templates (which has its benefits of perfection). Overall with Showmix's texture overlays they look even better.

am i allowed to copy this screenshots to our forum at www.showmix-project.com to show user customisations in our gallery?

even further, if you would hand me your template files (psd, i assume?) i could even make them downloadable at our site for other users to follow your idea, if they like.
azido Wrote:am i allowed to copy this screenshots to our forum at www.showmix-project.com to show user customisations in our gallery?

even further, if you would hand me your template files (psd, i assume?) i could even make them downloadable at our site for other users to follow your idea, if they like.

Sure you can copy the screenshots, Here are all of them and the template .psd's

http://rapidshare.com/files/308694164/St...s.rar.html

why i didn´t get the german fsk logos instead of the mpaa ratings like in the screenshots on the first page, is this a setting somewhere that i can activate ?
DR. Stranger Wrote:Sure you can copy the screenshots, Here are all of them and the template .psd's

http://rapidshare.com/files/308694164/St...s.rar.html

first of all: thanks for your approval.

unfortunately i wasn't fast enough, rapidshare told me it could only be downloaded 10 times, and that limit is already reached.

please reupload that file - mediafire would be a good place to put it, since it has no download limit.

thank you.
maniacman Wrote:why i didn´t get the german fsk logos instead of the mpaa ratings like in the screenshots on the first page, is this a setting somewhere that i can activate ?

you need to have the german rating infos in your nfo files in the <mpaa> tag, like for example <mpaa>GERMANY:16</mpaa> to have the FSK 16 logo displayed.
azido Wrote:you need to have the german rating infos in your nfo files in the <mpaa> tag, like for example <mpaa>GERMANY:16</mpaa> to have the FSK 16 logo displayed.

Hi azido,

Can you have multiple certifications under <mpaa> and if so how does the skin determine which local to use?

With EMM it scrapes the <mpaa> but also <certification> which lists all of them;

<certification>USATongueG-13 / UK:15 / Switzerland:14 / Switzerland:14 / Sweden:15 / Spain:13 / South Korea:12 / SingaporeTongueG / Singapore:NC-16 / Portugal:M/12 / PhilippinesTongueG-13 / Peru:14 / Norway:15 / New Zealand:M / Netherlands:16 / Netherlands:12 / Malaysia:U / Iceland:16 / Iceland:14 / Hungary:16 / Hong Kong:IIB / Germany:16 / France:U / Finland:K-14 / Chile:14 / CanadaTongueA / Canada:AA / Canada:14A / Canada:14 / Australia:M / Argentina:13</certification>

So just wondering which is correct and if certification is required?
  • 238(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ShowMix 2.1 - New LowList12