XBMC not picking up hidden NFO and FanArt files?
Question 
Hey all,
I recently started using Media Companion to organize my tv shows and movies and it is working great.

One thing I noticed is that when I hid my tbn, fanart and nfo files XBMC wouldn't find them correctly. Is this a skin issue or does XMBC not recognize hidden files?

Thanks
brandonlonger Wrote:Hey all,
I recently started using Media Companion to organize my tv shows and movies and it is working great.

One thing I noticed is that when I hid my tbn, fanart and nfo files XBMC wouldn't find them correctly. Is this a skin issue or does XBMC not recognize hidden files?

Thanks

I believe XBCM will not find hidden files during a scan.
A possible solution is to unhide your files, do a scan, then hide them again. I 'think' this will work... since a call to load the artwork from a hidden file will still work, it's just the initial scan cannot find them when traversing your media folders.
cool, thanks for the help.
quite certain that all you need to do is to enable hidden files in view options
spiff Wrote:quite certain that all you need to do is to enable hidden files in view options
is this in windows or XBMC?
if it's in windows, wouldn't this defeat the purpose of files being hidden?
Anyone have experience with hidden files? Does XBMC pick them up? The reason I want nfo's (etc.) hidden is to make the folders look uncluttered.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not picking up hidden NFO and FanArt files?0