how to use 360 wired controller?
Hi guys, I'm sure this is detailed somewhere around here, but I sure couldn't find it, if it is please point me in the right direction.

I am using build 9.0.1 with a wired xbox 360 controller and cannot get the controller to work. I looked in settings and event server is enabled by default in this build and the keymap.xml has the 360 button actions defined, also by default, yet when I start xbmc, I cannot use the 360 controller. I read that I may have to start the service before launching xbmc, but I don't know where to find it or how to start it? What am a missing?

*everything else in xbmc works fine, have mouse and keyboard support just missing the 360 controller.
** The 360 controller is recognized in device manager and in every other app and game I use it for just not xbmc.

Thanks!
@nazrac
Always search the forums first, see if these helps - you can find more if you search for "360 wired controller"

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...controller
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...controller
ok, I feel dumb but I read through those and am still lost. It seems you need to use xbcd instead of the default microsoft 360 driver(may be the same driver + a config utility, not sure). Ok it dosn't seem to have a version for x64 and I'm using windows 7 x64, but the newest version installs fine under admin and windows xp sp3 compatibility mode, however when I run the utility I get an missing xbcddsu.dll library error, I have uninstalled, redownloaded, and reinstalled twice. Am I on the right track, xbmc needs xbcd to work?

I did go in my keymap.xml and replace one of the alt names for joystick to XBOX 360 Controller For Windows as that is how it shows in device manager, but it shows in Microsoft common controllers for windows class instead of under game controllers? I also saw keymap.xml had playstation 3 controller defined in it so I plugged that one it and tried it as well with no changes and it didn't work by default either. Any clarification on what I am missing with the 360 controller? I don't know xbmc well or python at all, sorry.
Sorry, I thought you didn't.

See maybe this helps, maybe check with the author on how to use the feature, seems to be included in XBMC 9.04.1.

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40186
@Dan, Yeah I've looked through that thread several times in the last few days, and the release notes for 9.0.1 make it appear that it is built in, makes sense since they want to the trouble of mapping it out in the xml file, but I get lost when he mentions starting the service before xbmc?

Anyways I decided to install pinnacle game profiler on my system which I was trying to avoid and it works, not well atm but basic functionality and I can work on better defining it for what I want it to do. Thanks for your help.

If support is built into the newest build like it appears and I don't infact need to do it this way, feel free to drop me instructions on how to get it working nativly. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to use 360 wired controller?0