Plex Style Keymap.xml Adaptation
Another thing to keep in mind is that ATV's < r2.2 don't have PLAY_Hold.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Updated again. Changed some settings for pictures, the visualiser and music. that kind of thing. it's all labeled in the first post. just realised that fast forward/rewind don't work under visualiser so ignore that. one last thing. i want to make it so that instead of being taken back to the home screen while browsing photos when pushing menu you get taken to the parent directory. i can't seem to find a pictures files heading and myfiles doesn't seem to affect it. can anyone help with that?

regards,

Marc
Q6600, ASUS P5W, 6GB DDR2 and 2.5TB RAID running Mac OS X 10.5.5 and XBMC
xbox v1.0 (softmod) XBMC Dash
Suggestion for free button in home, it's kind of personal but anyway.

You could use it to start a playlist or radio station, so you don't have to switch your Tv on for listening to your favorit music/station.

Btw. I would recommend to put the keymap.xml into your userdata, so it will not be lost if you update your build.
Waffa Wrote:Suggestion for free button in home, it's kind of personal but anyway.

You could use it to start a playlist or radio station, so you don't have to switch your Tv on for listening to your favorit music/station.

Btw. I would recommend to put the keymap.xml into your userdata, so it will not be lost if you update your build.

The playlist/radio station idea sounds really interesting. i will look into that. in respect to the userdata folder, for some reason i can't get mine to pick up a new keymap which is why i just started hacking the one in the app. if it's working for some people though then i'll put a notice up in the first post. well spotted.

Thanks,

Marc
Did you put it in the correct userdata Huh

You have 1 in program files and 1 in your application data.
Go for the last one. Also here all your data/scripts/plugins/skins will not be lost with a build update.Nod
yeah, that's exactly where i was putting it. it's picking up skins and everything just fine. how strange. at least it seems to be working for everyone else. i might look a little deeper into that.
Strange, normally you put it in the userdatafolder and voila.
You can test it, simply rename guisettings.xml in that userdata and xbmc should be default again. If not, it's not using that userdata !!!
wow, never seen a worst download site than the one this file is hosted on...shocking.
Thomss Wrote:wow, never seen a worst download site than the one this file is hosted on...shocking.

yeah, sorry. i've never uploaded anything online before so googled 'file uploading' and went with the first hit. school boy error i guess. anyways, its now being hosted over at http://www.sshcs.com. the link in the first post's been changed.

marc
First off I want to say thanks, this is just what was required.

When I download the Keymap.zip from the first post and unzip the XML file does not seem to be complete. Is this just me or can someone else please test.

I really would like this key mapping as the default doesnt quite how i use xbmc.
stefanjobs Wrote:First off I want to say thanks, this is just what was required.

When I download the Keymap.zip from the first post and unzip the XML file does not seem to be complete. Is this just me or can someone else please test.

I really would like this key mapping as the default doesnt quite how i use xbmc.

Confirmed. Having the same issue. Can someone please fix.

Having an issue with playing DVD's that have a menu, pressing play brings up the osd menu. Unable to select "Play Movie"
so sorry about that guys. i only checked to see it if downloaded, not if the file was complete. problem solved. the linked file should work now.

marc
Excellent thank you just got it downloaded and it feels more intuitive.

I have made a change, I set the single menu click on home screen to open the favourites, this is because i have added favourite TV shows, iPlayer plug in etc.

Not sure if this is relevent for everyone but works well for me. From home select menu and favoruites appear and then again and favourite hide.
stefanjobs Wrote:Excellent thank you just got it downloaded and it feels more intuitive.

I have made a change, I set the single menu click on home screen to open the favourites, this is because i have added favourite TV shows, iPlayer plug in etc.

Not sure if this is relevent for everyone but works well for me. From home select menu and favoruites appear and then again and favourite hide.

that actually sounds like a really good idea and makes a lot of sense. never really played round with favourites before but i really like the sounds of that. i'm going to add that to mine and post it back up. i've been looking for something to do with the menu button.

many thanks,

marc
Thanks for this, this sorted out my DVD Menu issue, was driving me crazy.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plex Style Keymap.xml Adaptation0