What to do with bonus DVDs when using XBMC's video library mode?
Question 
I recently ripped all of my DVDs (using DVDFab) so that I could play them using XBMC on my Xbox. I am running XBMC-9.04.1-FIXED-BABYLON-T3CH. My goal is to have exact copies of the DVDs. They are organized in the following directory structure:
  • Movies/Movie/VIDEO_TS (Single disc movie)
  • Movies/Movie/Disc #/VIDEO_TS (Multi-disc movie)
  • Music/Artist - Album/VIDEO_TS (DVDs that come with some audio CDs)
  • Other/Bonus Disc/VIDEO_TS (Bonus discs from multi-movie box sets)

I have two main problems:
  • Multi-disc movies appear multiple times in Library Mode (once for each disc).
  • The is no scraper for some bonus DVDs, such as DVDs that come with audio CDs or bonus DVDs for multiple movies that come in a box set.

First of all, is there any way to have multi-disc movies appear as folders in Library Mode instead of as discrete videos? In other words, I want them to show up once in the movie listing, but when you select the one, list all of them. Or:

Second, is there a way to set custom Content Types, so that you could put all of your bonus DVDs in a Bonus folder and set it to a Bonus content type, which would be its own section under Library mode?

If the answers are no and no, then I think I will do what I suggest in my second question and just switch to File Mode when (if) I want to view the bonus content.

Third, how do I make bonus DVDs that scrapers cannot find show up in my Library?

Finally, how do I fix bonus DVDs that scrapers mislabel? For example, the DVD that comes with the Tenth Anniversary edition of Pezcore show up as "Less Than Jake: The Making of 'Anthem' (2003) (V)" with the Movies scraper.

Thanks for your help.
Can I add a me too to this.

I'm currently putting my DVD collection on my NAS (as ISOs) for use with XBMC and it would be great to have just one entry for multi-disc sets and then when it's selected it could bring up a sub menu/folder offering the choice of discs to open.
I said this to a guy on IRC the other day the best way to take care of bonus discs is to use one of those .nfo managers out there and actually create your own custom nfo files for the iso so xbmc can scrape then into the video library with all the data you want from that file instead of trying to look for non exsistant sites that would actually carry data on bonus discs
This is what is currently possible in current SVN (scroll down).
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php...76&page=12

For extras, I can only suggest nfo files.
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Nfo
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What to do with bonus DVDs when using XBMC's video library mode?0