Problems with thumbs/posters, etc.
hello everybody im kinda new here but have been browsing the fantastic work all of u have done here with mods and tweaks and guides for the auriga skin.

i however have 1 problem that driving me insane Tongue
im using xbmc on a mac mini and since there is no Media Info Plus for mac i do that on a windows pc from somebody else.
i think the problem i have is with the settings of MIP it does create the .nfo files as <moviename>.nfo it creates a picture as folder.jpg and <moviename>.tbn and <moviename>-fanart.jpg

from what I understand that all it needs, but then when I update the library it does nicely show the media flags that im realy happy with but the poster/thumb and fanart are emty and im so confused on why that is.
im at work at the moment when im home ill try and post a picture of whats in my foler for a specific movie and what it looks like in xbmc and ill post the content of the .nfo file.

im realy hope someone here can see what it is im doing wrong cause im going crazy about this.

thanks in advance Voidy.
i also use a mac and have MIP setup on a windows box to generate nfo files .. however i don't do the images through it cause i prefer to use getvideoartwork for posters not tmdb

basically all you need is a movie.tbn (poster) and fanart.jpg and the scraper should work no problem

<moviename>.tbn and folder.jpg should be the same so no point in having 2 files of the same content
Woot that worked Big Grin

thanks alot again pletopia u have been some great help on plex forums aswell

now im gonna try using the trailer mods.

i however have a question about that most of the times it says my xbmc issnt up to date where/how do i download the laterst version (i know about rev's or something not being stable yet etc etc) im on a mac Tongue

thanks again voidy
latest nightly builds for all systems can be found here
http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/
and thanks again.

gonna try that out as soon as i come home.
download the latest version from that website u linked me pletopia but still alot of mods (the trailer ones etc) give the message "incompatible skin we require a skin of version 2.10 or higher"

im pretty confused again at the moment Big Grin Eek
voidy Wrote:download the latest version from that website u linked me pletopia but still alot of mods (the trailer ones etc) give the message "incompatible skin we require a skin of version 2.10 or higher"

im pretty confused again at the moment Big Grin Eek

You need a newer skin version. I'm pretty sure all the ones on my site should work with no problems. You may have to delete the old skin in the skin directory before adding the new one since it has solved my issue with 2.10 or higher issues for me. But your milage may vary.

Craig
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
hmm .. thats strange .. thats where i get my latest builds for osx from and never seen a msg like that
pletopia Wrote:hmm .. thats strange .. thats where i get my latest builds for osx from and never seen a msg like that

I have. Normally it happens if I update using one of my nightly builds over the top of say 9.04 install. It doesn't seem to update something in the skins so I just nuke the old skins dir and update them from the ones on my site. I keep them pretty well updated and it should fix the issue.

I haven't seen it on OS X but I have on XBOX and Win32.
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
ah ok so if i understand correctly i install the newest version of xbmc from

then i remove my current skin and download any of the mods i would like and use that, What i was doing was make an Auriga folder for the normal skin no mods or whatever then copy that folder and place mods inside it. But as soon as i am home and before i go to the movies ill try that out hope it works was getting so confused Rofl

to pletopia: after installing the new xbmc do i need to delete /user/library/application support/xbmc/skin or just the whole xbmc folder in the path listed before?

thanks again guys ill post here again if i got it working
Voidy
voidy Wrote:ah ok so if i understand correctly i install the newest version of xbmc from

then i remove my current skin and download any of the mods i would like and use that, What i was doing was make an Auriga folder for the normal skin no mods or whatever then copy that folder and place mods inside it. But as soon as i am home and before i go to the movies ill try that out hope it works was getting so confused Rofl

to pletopia: after installing the new xbmc do i need to delete /user/library/application support/xbmc/skin or just the whole xbmc folder in the path listed before?

thanks again guys ill post here again if i got it working
Voidy

I've just had to delete the offending skin from the skins directory and extract the new skin back into the skins directory.

so say you tried to load PM3.HD and it said ""incompatible skin we require a skin of version 2.10 or higher" you would just delete the skins/PM3.HD skin, and download and extract my PM3.HD skin from my skins section, extract it and move it back to your skins dir. That error would then go away.

It only seems to happen if you try to load a skin that was built against an older revision of XBMC. So updating the offending skin to one that is built against the newer revision eliminates the error.
i finally got that error message to appear .. i wanted to try andyblac's mod of aeon and it wouldn't let me

using last nights xbmc build (yay increase recent count and media flagging)
did u got it working in the end ?im stuck at work so i cant check
yeah .. i got it to work by overlaying andyblac's mod on top of a copy of my clean aeon folder

basically .. what are you having issues with ? what skin are you trying to load up ? a clean copy of aeon or a modded version ? also if clean .. which version .. stark? auriga ??
im actualy interested in a combination of mods
i love this true night version: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52878

i realy like this one asswell (list view looks cool)but i miss the titles at the top like the one posted above here: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52774

the one im most interested in is a trailer mod:
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=52503 what i wish this one would do is to show the trailer if the trailer is present in the folder if not use extrathumbs scrolling and if those are missing to (i need to make loads of them still) use fanart, then at the right side use folder.jpg instead of movie.tbn and then fade to plot.

its most definetly gonna be the trailer mod (witch issnt realy working at the moment i can press down how mutch i want but doesnt start playing until i load movie information and then select trailer).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with thumbs/posters, etc.0