"Sync Playback to Display" feature and surround sound?
I'd like to use "Sync Playback to Display" feature with surround sound files, typically (for instance) a x.264 with DTS 5.1 or dolby audio.

When I try to use this feature it often tells me that audio device could not be initialized, check your settings.

I had it all set up to use passthrough before. What should I change to make this work right?
ERamseth Wrote:I'd like to use "Sync Playback to Display" feature with surround sound files, typically (for instance) a x.264 with DTS 5.1 or dolby audio.

When I try to use this feature it often tells me that audio device could not be initialized, check your settings.

I had it all set up to use passthrough before. What should I change to make this work right?

I've got the same problem with those files, sometimes the movie is stuttering, don't know what that is, maybe a bad rip or someting, or maybe i'll have to d/l some codecs. But if I sync to audio in the now playing with the audio adust settings the audio is ok. But it is not with all the files, so I think it is the files
I don't have stuttering or anything it's just I can't get any audio with "sync to display" enabled.

I have read elsewhere that you cannot use passthrough with this feature, which is fine, but I still need audio to go through spdif optical because that's how my htpc is plugged into my surround sound speakers.

Any help would be great. For now I have disabled the feature on my rig.
ERamseth Wrote:I don't have stuttering or anything it's just I can't get any audio with "sync to display" enabled.

I have read elsewhere that you cannot use passthrough with this feature, which is fine, but I still need audio to go through spdif optical because that's how my htpc is plugged into my surround sound speakers.

Any help would be great. For now I have disabled the feature on my rig.

If the audio is out of sync I don't use "sync to display" but I go to the audio menu in , where you can set the audio streams ect, there is also a function named audio offset. With a slider you can set the audio in sync. Did you try that. I use passtrough too and that is working for me.

btw not all my movies are out of sync so I don't use it all the time and if your movies always out of sync then this is just a solution till someone else can help you with the problem. Never tried "sync to display" but I will try later.
Known issue. Please comment here if you have anything to add.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6664

TheUni
Please post a debug log.
Thank you,

the management.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Sync Playback to Display" feature and surround sound?0