• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Scraper Editor (Based on ScraperXML open source C# Library) - Help wanted!
Uhm I just found out that copying the Output using ctrl+c works, using the context menu it doesn't (even resaving the settings).
No prob form me for your first answer Tongue
KoTiX Wrote:Uhm I just found out that copying the Output using ctrl+c works, using the context menu it doesn't (even resaving the settings).
No prob form me for your first answer Tongue

not that i'm not going to support xml pasting, I'm just not ready to bring up more potential errors til another point release.
ScraperXML Open Source Web Scraper Library compatible with XBMC XML Scrapers

I Suck, and if you act now by sending only $19.95 and a self addressed stamped envelop, so can you!

Hello ...

I really Like ScraperXML Editor it is a great program ...

I am using the 10-23-2009 build ...

I am testing the album Hillbilly Deluxe by Brooks & Dunn

I keep getting a parsing error when trying to use allmusic.xml
It get to getreview :

Here is the error message :

Can Not Parse Xml
Error Return:Error occurred While parsing Entityname Line 1, Position 61.

Am I doing something Wrong ??

Thanks for a great Program ...

Michael T.
no you're not doing anything wrong that is a problem with the biography/review which sometimes contains ampersands a stray ampersand will make a string unparseable to xml (a problem that can be easily fixed with my suggested modification to the scraper parser in XBMC - or can be fixed using the Fixamp option on the biography/review expression - notice: XBMC does not support this yet)

I Suck, and if you act now by sending only $19.95 and a self addressed stamped envelop, so can you!

By Monday expect a new version of ScraperXML Editor

New Features:
*Full support for encoding.
*Ampersand handling built into code (no need for fixamp anymore via ScraperXML 5.0 beta)
*Support for commenting Functions, RegExp's & Expressions;
*Some redesigning of tree layout (expression now a part of RegExp editor)
*A Function Modeler will create a base Model for the standard functions and Custom Functions.
*Full support for TV Scrapers (Episode handling as well)
*Support for generic scrapers (A scraperxml 5.0 beta feature). Generic scrapers can be made to collect any kind of content providing the site follows a basic structure (I personally created it to make RSS feeds for sites that are without that i want to keep up with)
*RegexBuddy Integration as well as a remodeled Tester;
*Context Menus should no longer be problematic.
*New Scraper Evaluation. Catches common problems in scrapers.

Removed Features:
Fixamp removed from expression. (new ScraperXML code compensates for this now)
Settings Editor: Settings are now created in the same way as other functions.
Include Manager Integrated into ScraperInfo Edit Page.

Only reason I'm not releasing today is because i just got my internet services and none of the net features have been tested.

Huh, I just started using this, too.

Two questions:

1. Is there a way to test a scraper from start to finish? e.g. testing a search query?
2. Does this program work with gzipped sites?
I just used today's (December 22, 2009) build, and on attempting my AniDB scraper, I got a crash, and this info in the debug:

http://pastebin.com/m688de2b2

Here's the relevant scraper: (WIP, doesn't work yet, but I get the crash before I even finish GetSearchURL)

http://pastebin.com/m24d0f091
gzip is not yet supported in the version released yesterday so i can safely say that the test options aren't going to work with your scraper til next release, I'm working on gzip support right now

until then its probably best to test your scraper with XBMC, til i can get my http protocol working wth gzip, which entails mostly working out how XBMC handles gzip if not automagically

Question 
I also met exception error while running tvshow scraper.
So I tried to guess the error location with compiling source code, exported from SVN, but I could compile it because no application(ScraperXML editor in this case) was absent.
Do you have a plan to reposit editor source?
hojel Wrote:I also met exception error while running tvshow scraper.
So I tried to guess the error location with compiling source code, exported from SVN, but I could compile it because no application(ScraperXML editor in this case) was absent.
Do you have a plan to reposit editor source?

You have any error details?

Just as a general side note:
thetvdb is bound to cause errors since there are a few thing in that scraper that don't work with the editor (namely using regexps for control statements - lacking a dest which i don't plan to support, and not indicating input when it expects input from a certain buffer)

Also, the source in svn is ScraperXML (the class library that holds definitions and methods to enact on scrapers - not to edit them) not ScraperXML Editor...
That is only the foundation of the program, which i have pretty much worked the bugs out of that. I'm supposing you are geting errors when attempting to EXECUTE the scraper which is the fault of the editor (and myself) and not the library

I will probably upload source to the editor sometime in this week however since i'm in the process of editing it it won't match the code of the current release.

Nicezia Wrote:You have any error details?

Just as a general side note:
thetvdb is bound to cause errors since there are a few thing in that scraper that don't work with the editor (namely using regexps for control statements - lacking a dest which i don't plan to support, and not indicating input when it expects input from a certain buffer)

Also, the source in svn is ScraperXML (the class library that holds definitions and methods to enact on scrapers - not to edit them) not ScraperXML Editor...
That is only the foundation of the program, which i have pretty much worked the bugs out of that. I'm supposing you are geting errors when attempting to EXECUTE the scraper which is the fault of the editor (and myself) and not the library

I will probably upload source to the editor sometime in this week however since i'm in the process of editing it it won't match the code of the current release.

I know you spent alot of effort to debug on it.
I'm working on editing simple scraper, but not english one. So, I thought there would be a hole you may be hard to cover fully.
Anyway, it's an error message from executable file.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference is not connected to object instance.
Position: ScraperXMLEditor.MainForm.ReplaceBuffers(String strReplace)
Position: ScraperXMLEditor.MainForm.ExpressionCompile(ScraperRegExp sreToProcess)
Position: ScraperXMLEditor.MainForm.ExecuteItem(ScraperRegExp sreToExecute)
Position: ScraperXMLEditor.MainForm.ScraperTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Position: System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
Position: System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
Position: System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Yep. The error comes from ScraperXML editor, not from library, as you expected.
Thanks, Nicezia, I look forward to it.

I just started using your program, and it gets substantially better every time I update =3
One more bug report.
Comment disappears when loading the saved file.

Thanks for Nicezia for such handy tool. Well organized structure view & reduced error on writing regular expression.
hojel Wrote:One more bug report.
Comment disappears when loading the saved file.

Thanks for Nicezia for such handy tool. Well organized structure view & reduced error on writing regular expression.

yeah i noticed that myself - fixing that as well

Just a quick question guys wondering if you can help me out, I was trying to use this tool to edit the tvdb scraper to scrape episode ratings from tv.com but have gotten completely lost trying to do it. Any idea if this had already been done or how I might do it? I'm not sure if it's a simple task or not.

I just want the same tvdb scraper but one which scrapes all episode ratings from tv.com as the ratings there are much more comprehensive.

Thanks, and nice work on this by the way!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Scraper Editor (Based on ScraperXML open source C# Library) - Help wanted!1