• 7(current)
Anyone else having problems when resuming from 'Pause'?
So the problem is not going to be officially fixed?

I see this thread is quite old and with those workarounds (eliminating sistem sounds or using p instead of space works fine for me) seems like no body is pursuing the problem.

I don't know the code but I'm pretty sure that the hint about the space causing the problem and p don't should be of help... doesn't it?

Anyway, I'll just touch the Ticker to see if it's going on or shall be closed...

Thanks a lot to everybody that posted in this thread. With your help it just took me 10 minutes to workaround this problem...

XBMC for windows was the last one I had to try. I used it for years in my XBOX (poor thing, today I just took it from the livingroom), later on some PCs with XBOX Live first and Linux later... then apple TV and finaly (against my initial will) in a mac mini (perfect for the livingroom if you can aford it)... I just never tried the windows version since the initial versions where sooooo worst than the others...
Now, except for this little problem, seems like a real option... even in HD.

Congrats people... XBMC IS THE WINNER! No other can even come close to what XBMC offers, and it improves day after day...

Seriously many many many thanks to everybody.

Jur.
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

Yes this problem is fixed in the SVN builds
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
Hi

could you please recommend a SVN that has no issue with DTS-Dolby via Optical output and no pausing problem as well.

Thank you.
Songoku Wrote:Hi

could you please recommend a SVN that has no issue with DTS-Dolby via Optical output and no pausing problem as well.

Thank you.

The one I had to revert to was XBMCSetup-Rev23739-gl, due to the DTS-Dolby via Optical issues. I have not tried any since....I was going to give it a few more weeks before enabling the auto updater.
Hi,

I am using the latest DX build (XBMCSetup-Rev24195-dx.exe), and I still have the problem that when pressing PAUSE, XBMC crashes, I don't get a runtime error but instead an Windows General Protection fault. Happens with movies and MP3 playback. But ONLY when Pressing the Pause key (Space), when I press the Play key (which also Pauses MP3 music, so the play key is actually a toggle), everything works fine.

Please try it yourself, play a MP3 in fullscreen visualisation mode, you can use my keymap.xml, and then just press SPACE, and see what happens. Here is the XML from my userdata folder:
http://de.pastebin.ca/1653410

Can anybody please try to reproduce? It also happened with older DX builds on my system
Turn OFF navigation sounds.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'd like to have the navigation sounds however.

In Movie mode, no problem, I use the Play key to toggle.

But what in Music mode? There is no way at all to use Pause in Music Mode since XBMC stops responding one pressed, and Play doesn't Pause, but plays the song from the beginning.

Is there an elegant solution to this?
I too have this problem. Pause/resume works nine out of ten times, but one of ten times XBMC just crashes immediately on resume play and I'm back at the desktop. I'd try the p-instead-of-spacebar workaround, but I mostly use the Android remote and not the computer keyboard. Is there any way to change the Android remote's play/pause to perform the "p" action instead of the "space" one?
Thanks for using the search button but... Not really sure you needed to dust off this old thread. You might want to try your question in the Android Remote thread.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:Thanks for using the search button but... Not really sure you needed to dust off this old thread. You might want to try your question in the Android Remote thread.

I did search, and most of the other threads about this problem either told people to use the search function or pointed to this thread.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone else having problems when resuming from 'Pause'?0