• 4(current)
Anyone else having problems when resuming from 'Pause'?
Works great here. Since I am not a big fan of nav sounds anyways, this works out fine for me. Smile
I'm experiencing this problem too using digital sound i use WinXP 32bit with Creative xtreme gamer. i'd be happy to drop some dumps if needed.
This is really tricky to repeat (it happens a lot when I watching out of debug mod but as soon as I try to force it nothing happens) but I've managed to get a log for you.

http://pastebin.com/f3b82556a
Hitcher Wrote:Pausing video for a few seconds is OK but leave it for about a minute then when it resumes there's no sound and the video freezes a few seconds later.

http://pastebin.com/f59aebc33

If I have digital audio enabled in the settings and if pause (using the pause button) any dolby/dts movie and then press play it causes xbmc to crash on me.

If however I dont hit the pause button but instead hit the play button again, the movie pauses and then hitting play again resumes fine. Weird stuff Id say but at least I found a work around by just disabling the pause button on my remote and instead hitting the play button to pause....
Confirmed the above finding - it only crashes when you use XBMC's Pause function.
pwormwood Wrote:I can confirm that it doesnt happen with the gui sounds completly switched off.

Log was create with gui sounds during video playback set to disabled.

http://pastebin.com/m4a54199f

This is the key. There were changes made to the GUI sounds code that are clearly causing this, however, there are several other pressing audio issues taking precedence for me at the moment. Patches are welcome, but feel free to disable GUI sounds for the time being as a workaround.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Damn, I thought you were close to fixing it now that it is localized.

I do want to add that I do miss those sounds for a variety of reasons which aren't really interesting. Just saying I'd appreciate a quick fix...for what it's worth.

for now I'll stay with the svn that works dreaming of what I'm missing in the new svns
I can also confirm this!
Is it me or has the video playback portion of XBMC had numerous issues lately? I have this issue, an issue where trying to play AVI files crashes XBMC, and another where some wmv files play audio but no video. All of these files played flawlessly in the past. Has there been a major change in the video coding that has caused all of these unexpected issues?
phi2039 Wrote:This is the key. There were changes made to the GUI sounds code that are clearly causing this, however, there are several other pressing audio issues taking precedence for me at the moment. Patches are welcome, but feel free to disable GUI sounds for the time being as a workaround.

Thanks for the workaround! I can confirm that disabling the GUI sounds prevents the crash.

Interestingly my other PC doesn't suffer from this bug. But it's got different hardware and downmixed sound to stereo in XBMC. So it's hard to tell exactly what's causing it. It sure looks to be audio related though as you pointed out.

Oh, and another thing: Playing a rar'ed xvid avi movie worked fine even with gui sounds enabled. I only get this crash when playing x264 MKV videos.
smcnally75 Wrote:Is it me or has the video playback portion of XBMC had numerous issues lately? I have this issue, an issue where trying to play AVI files crashes XBMC, and another where some wmv files play audio but no video. All of these files played flawlessly in the past. Has there been a major change in the video coding that has caused all of these unexpected issues?

BTW, I'm in no way "bitching", just curious if there was a major change in the last month to the audio/video handling.
program the same button as play on your remote and you're fine.
I have this problem in XBMC Windows (Vista 64) since I switched my primary audio card to be a M-Audio Delta 66. I'm using the analog output, but the card does have digital support. I am a little shocked that I am not the only one, I figured running a HTPC with a pro audio sound card was pretty unusual.. FWIW, I have UI sounds disabled.

=darwin
smcnally75 Wrote:Is it me or has the video playback portion of XBMC had numerous issues lately? I have this issue, an issue where trying to play AVI files crashes XBMC, and another where some wmv files play audio but no video. All of these files played flawlessly in the past. Has there been a major change in the video coding that has caused all of these unexpected issues?

If you're using svn builds you can expect things to be broken frequently. What you call "numerous issues" actually reflects the amount of work which is being done.

If you want something stable and tested, go here:
http://xbmc.org/download/
eriksmith200 Wrote:If you're using svn builds you can expect things to be broken frequently. What you call "numerous issues" actually reflects the amount of work which is being done.

If you want something stable and tested, go here:
http://xbmc.org/download/

Oh come on...I'm not an idiot. I know that SVN builds aren't stable, but I'm also a programmer and I know that issues !=progress. (pun intended). Issues are still issues no matter how you slice it. I never said I didn't expect issues with the SVN builds...If you read my post you'll see that I was asking if there was a major change to the audio/video handling that has made these issues pop up.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone else having problems when resuming from 'Pause'?0