Backbutton MCE Remote
Hi there, Im using a Mediagate mce remote and Im having trouble mapping my remote w/ general functions like, fast forward, rewind, etc..
Ive downloaded Eventghost and added plugins for xbmc but I couldn't see a pluggin for my specific remote, So I added the MS mce remote. Im seem to see my actions on the left pane and Ive added the event to the specific xbmc action (e.g. fast forward)
I then save it, but when I start xbmc, the only functioning buttons are directional buttons and enter button, nothing else.

Ive also looked at the keymap.xml but I was very overwhelmed since im not used to reading code, so i didn't even bother editing anything.

Any step by step help to this newb Blush would be very much appreciated.

thank you
This is the post that helped me the most recently with setting up my mce remote for xmc.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...vent+ghost
It's a pretty old post, so some of the stuff doesn't apply anymore, but it helped me get an understanding on how setup is done in eventghost.
Thanks I set up most of the feat, but I just cant find how to set up the "green mce" button to open up xbmc instead on vmc.
If i remember right, you create a new macro, and in the options on the left for the macro there should be one to open an exe or program. just browse to the path of your xbmc exe and create the macro, then do keyboard emulation to map the green button to the new macro.

I'm not at home right now, so I can't be more specific, but if the above doesn't help, drop a note and I'll check exactly how i did it when i get home.
Thanks, It helped to get xbmc started. But ut opens up xbmc in windowed mode.
There seems to be only one .exe?

edit: After adding in "C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe -fs" in the command line option, it worked perfectly

thanks again sam!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backbutton MCE Remote0