Video playback problems!
Hi!

I've been reading a few threads here but I can't seem to find any sollution to the problem.

When I watch any video using XBMC it seem like the picture is not horizontaly synced. I've been trying to change settings, turn vertical sync on and off and so on, but nothing seems to work.

I use the latest release of XBMC, and UltraMon to launch it on my TV in 1920x1080 resolution. Graphics card is a Nvidia 8600GT and a 3,0GHz AMD processor.

I'm greatful for any help I can get...
Just for the heck of it make sure its on in the Nvidia control panel as well. Also maybe turn on triple buffering also. With those on you can also try to set the XBMC to Let Driver Decide.
Triple buffering should be off!
Try setting your tv as primary monitor.
Oh...listen to bobo he knows way more than I do on the subject.

Bobo, Im just wondering why you wouldnt want to use triple buffering. Just asking so I can learn as well.

Would it be because the transfer of the buffer frame to the front fame slows it down?
Well. I can't set the TV as primary monitor since I need my computer as the primary. They don't run in the same resolution, and they're not in the same room. What should I turn on in the controll panel?

Thanks for helping me out!
CuFk Wrote:Well. I can't set the TV as primary monitor since I need my computer as the primary. They don't run in the same resolution, and they're not in the same room. What should I turn on in the controll panel?

Thanks for helping me out!

I was suggesting to make sure vsync is turned on on the Nvidia control panel.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Oh...listen to bobo he knows way more than I do on the subject.

Bobo, Im just wondering why you wouldnt want to use triple buffering. Just asking so I can learn as well.

Would it be because the transfer of the buffer frame to the front fame slows it down?

The nvidia drivers disable vsync when triple buffering is on and the running app doesn't to buffer swaps fast enough.
XBMC never does that when playing video because it has to render at a certain fps.
Games on the other hand always try to render as fast as possible.
I've been trying the stuff you told me to try, but there's no change. It's so weird that XBMC isn't working but Windows Media Center plays all video files without any problems at all.

In Windows Media Player I use CoreAVX, CCCP and AC3 Filter. It seems to me that CoreAVC is one of the best codecs for decoding H.264 video on the market right now...
bobo, is the same true for ATI, i.e. it is best to disable triple buffering?
I have no idea about ati.
Ninjamawwe Wrote:bobo, is the same true for ATI, i.e. it is best to disable triple buffering?
Doesn't appear to be an issue.
It seems to be fixed now, I just installed Nvidias newest drivers. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback problems!0