[REQUEST] Media Flagging support in MiniMeedia?
Lightbulb 
Is Media Flagging supported by MiniMeedia?
If so, what are the rules?

I ask because, frankly I haven't understood if media flagging is supported directly by XBMC, or if its only skin based , or if its hybrid support... and since i have to rename files all around my library... before i start better to check, if it's worth it... :-D

ZIOLele
If by Media Flagging you mean displaying icons dependent on resolution, audio/video format etc then I'm afraid the answer is currently no.

There are flags for movie studio, tv networks and MPAA ratings as these are all supported by XBMC by default.

There are plans for XBMC to include proper media flagging (CapnBry was working on something) but that has not yet been integrated. When it is MiniMeedia will support it but at the moment the hacks that are currently being done in other skins won't be done here (mostly because I don't believe it's a good idea to hack the studio field into containing all sorts of extra info)
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
skunkm0nkee Wrote:If by Media Flagging you mean displaying icons dependent on resolution, audio/video format etc then I'm afraid the answer is currently no.

There are flags for movie studio, tv networks and MPAA ratings as these are all supported by XBMC by default.

There are plans for XBMC to include proper media flagging (CapnBry was working on something) but that has not yet been integrated. When it is MiniMeedia will support it but at the moment the hacks that are currently being done in other skins won't be done here (mostly because I don't believe it's a good idea to hack the studio field into containing all sorts of extra info)

Ok, well then i will postpone this when it will be properly supported by xbmc.
Just a quick heads up. It looks like CapnBry is pretty close to uploading his code to Trac, and a version including his code has already been created for Windows at least. I imagine the coders of the world would find putting it together easier than I.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30419&page=38

Anyway, just curious if there's been any messing around with this code.

BTW, I'd been using aeon for quite a while, but have almost completely stopped now that I've discovered Minimeedia.
And here we are!

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/21076
So what would we like to see included? I'm personally of the less is ever so slightly more school of thought. I have seen plenty of skins in other apps that could pretty much tell you what the encoder just ate for lunch and I'm happy to leave it be!

A simple 720\1080 logo where applicable.
Languages and sub titles and maybe the audio channels?

Like I say.. Less please!!
Take a look at PM3 HD.Wink
Jezz_x already add Media Flagging support to PM3.HD. Nod
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/21085
I think it would be nice to have skin options to be able to choose which flags you are interested in.

For example I might only want resolution and audio output, but others might want more.

However I'm aware that making it configurable is more work for the skinner Smile
Current (work in progress) version of Showcase with new flags for Aspect Ratio and Resolution:

Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Current (work in progress) version of Showcase with new flags for Aspect Ratio and Resolution:

does high list also gets some of these?
Looks very good.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Radikaltimes Wrote:does high list also gets some of these?
Yep, currently they've been added to all views except Waterfall (they've also been added to the info dialogs).

Hopefully Waterfall will get a bit of an overhaul for the coming release too but it may have to wait until the release after.
The flags on the info dialogs look great.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Media Flagging support in MiniMeedia?0