MiniMeedia v0.90 Released (17/06/2009)
Slipx Wrote:Yup still not showing in the latest xbox build. Waiting patiently

flagging works for me with svn 21137 and minimeedia 0.9. just turned it on in the options then checked the movies. didn't show up right away but it did after a couple seconds, and have been showing ever since
phoenx97 Wrote:flagging works for me with svn 21137 and minimeedia 0.9. just turned it on in the options then checked the movies. didn't show up right away but it did after a couple seconds, and have been showing ever since

On the XBox?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:On the XBox?

ah sorry, i need to learn to read
I would like to suggest the addition of a system button in the shutdown menu.
This button would be visible only when the system button is hidden in home screen.
This way you could turn system button off in home screen and still access your settings if needed.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
tmc701 Wrote:Small glitch, nothing major, just fyi... Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near my htpc right now to provide screens...

I use Profile/Posters for TV shows. When I'm in List View, (I think it's list view... when the list is in the lower left corner, and the thumb is upper right corner...) the thumb appears to be behind the shadowing box, darkening the thumb.
Sorry, must have missed this when it was originally posted. Has now been fixed for next release.

Waffa Wrote:Hey skunk, you know I did request also for studio posters, like genre posters.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=343715&postcount=6
I thought about this when adding the genres but I don't really think it's practical as it would mean having to add a load more conditional code to the views or having the user setup their own studio images pack where the naming has to be exactly right (not too likely and also wasteful as it would mean a lot of duplicate images).

If it does get added to Transparency skin then I'll have a look at it but not too sure about it myself.
Waffa Wrote:Other extras:
-Animated weather icons. Home / Weather
I've coded an option for this in the next release. The animated thumbs won't be included in the skin download (the image pack is about 4 times the size of the whole skin!) but if you download them and place them in the custom weather BG folder then you can toggle between animated and standard weather thumbs.

Animated Weather pack can be downloaded in this thread.
Waffa Wrote:-Music genre posters.
Have you tried to use this as I think the code I already did for genres should work in videos and music?
Waffa Wrote:-Music Fanart not only in artist.
I guess if that works in any other skin then it should work in MiniMeedia too as it wasn't MiniMeedia that stopped this working in the past but a limitation in XBMC itself.
Waffa Wrote:@Skunk.
Like exposure Nod
I'm glad somebody does Wink
xbs08 Wrote:I would like to suggest the addition of a system button in the shutdown menu.
This button would be visible only when the system button is hidden in home screen.
This way you could turn system button off in home screen and still access your settings if needed.
Not sure this would work too well as it would probably mess up the animations etc. Plus I don't really see why you would want to hide it in one place and then have it in another. Feel free to create a mod to do that but it sounds like a very personal preference to me so not something that should be in the main release of the skin.
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Thumbs Up 
xbs08 Wrote:I would like to suggest the addition of a system button in the shutdown menu.

As an xbox user I can see the benefit of this as if you remove settings from the home screen then there is no way to access them again (no keyboard) - but I am willing to be proven wrong :-) I edited the DialogButtonMenu.xml and changed the 'info' and 'favourites' to 'settings' and 'file manager' after a few helpful pointers from other minimeedia users. I also had to edit the keymap.xml so that I could access the shutdown menu with the xbox remote. If it's of any help I can post these xmls.

There looks to be room for several more buttons in the shutdown menu and I tried to add some but it was beyond my almost non-existant xml skills. It would be really useful if perhaps settings, file manager, scripts could be added as a permanent shutdown menu feature.

After years of using my xbox and xbmc I finally got around to using the library feature properly and using MiniMeedia it all works swimmingly and looks stunning. Thannks again skunkm0nkee.
Waffa Wrote:Ok, for those who like the animated Weather icons. Working in Home and Weather. Big Grin

My weather fanart location (xbox) = F:\weather icons
Is you location different change it (1x) in Home.xml and (4x) in MyWeather.xml

Did also add in weather "TWC" button (again).

Q:\scripts\TWC Supplemental\default.py
Also here change it if it's not your location.

Home.xml
MyWeather.xml

Edit: get icon pack here

Not sure if it's my xbox but adding the TWC button to the weather screen using these xmls causes the weather icons to disappear from that page. However using the ones you posted for MiniMeedia0.86 it all works fine. :confused2:
To have a settings button, if you disable it in Home screen, just add these lines to MiniMeedia\720p\DialogButtonMenu.xml, after line 123.

PHP Code:
<!-- Code for settings button in shutdownmenu -->
        <
control type="button" id="3116">
          <
description>Settings XBMC button</description>
          <include>
ButtonMenuButtonDims</include>
          <
texturefocus>ButtonMenuSystemFO.png</texturefocus>
          <
texturenofocus diffuse="GreyDark.png">ButtonMenuSystemFO.png</texturenofocus>
          <
onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
          <
font>-</font>
          <
label>$LOCALIZE[5]</label>
          <
visible>Skin.HasSetting(HideSystem)</visible>        
        </
control>  
<!-- 
Code for settings button in shutdownmenu --> 

yadster Wrote:Not sure if it's my xbox but adding the TWC button to the weather screen using these xmls causes the weather icons to disappear from that page. However using the ones you posted for MiniMeedia0.86 it all works fine. :confused2:

Huh Why adding the TWC button if it's already in MyWeather.xml.

Just replace your MyWeather.xml and home.xml.
And make sure that your weather icons and script have the right location.

Did test it again and works good !!!
Just wanted to say thanks for making this great skin. I was using MediaStream before, but this is now my favorite. Keep up the good work.
skunkm0nkee, when can we expect a new MiniMeedia release?

xbs08 Wrote:skunkm0nkee, when can we expect a new MiniMeedia release?
I'm currently aiming to release sometime on Thursday evening
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Did add Thumb for directors.
This can also be done for actors, year and studios.

It's easy to do. Only still having problems to show studio flag :mad:
Displaying a Director's Board with studio name is no problem, but I want to have the studio flag in it..!!!

Maybe you could help a little skunk.Big Grin

Library search directors: Low and High list.

Nice work. Big Grin

It's not something that is on my immediate list of things to do (mainly since I always navigate by title) but who knows what the future may bring Wink

The studios is probably the most difficult if you want the studio logos. You could trying using the following include:

<include>VideoStudioFlags</include>

and see where that gets you? You'll probably need to place it in group so you can better position and size it but it may be a starting point
I'm mainly use recently added and year. Big Grin

But I created thumbs for everything I could, only those damn:mad: library thumbs !!!
It's bugging me for a long time. Feels like the skin isn't compleet.Rofl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia v0.90 Released (17/06/2009)1