Still I've managed to get quite a few new features coded, the most obvious of which are the updated Showcase view and the inclusion of media flags. Both of these are still work in progress but they are along the lines of what I'm planning to do so you should get a decent idea of what they're about.
I've also added further alternative fonts to try and please those users that think the current fonts aren't serious enough for a media centre.
The main changes are as follows:
- Added: Flag images for different video formats
- Added: Flag images for different audio formats
- Added: Flag images for different video resolutions
- Added: Initial code for video resolution and audio format flags
- Added: Small versions of the Dolby Digital flags
- Added: Smaller versions of MPAA ratings images to be used in views etc
- Added: Displaying of smaller media flags to all views except Waterfall
- Added: Another set of alternative fonts to choose from
- Added: System background image to be shown behind Login screen
- Added: 4 more movie studio logos
- Added: 19 more TV network logos
- Added: Tobis movie studio logo (thanks to H3lium)
- Added: CW and WB TV studio logos (thanks to ezechiel1917)
- Added: Swedish translation (thanks to exal)
- Fixed: Position of Shutdown Timer when profiles and/or locks are active
- Fixed: Placement of video player controls when using Minimal Video OSD
- Fixed: Displaying of parent folder icon for focused item in Poster Info view
- Fixed: Ability to control whether Login screen is active or not
- Updated: Started work on tidying up the Showcase view
- Updated: Showcase to use small versions of Dolby Digital flags
- Updated: Tidied up a few more of the studio logos
- Updated: Tidied up info shown at bottom of Showcase view
- Updated: Restart label in Power menu is now Restart XBMC (as it is in Shutdown menu and Login screen)
- Updated: Tidied up navigation between profiles menu and individual profile settings
- Updated: Tidied up code for media flags now that it has been properly implemented in XBMC
Movie Info dialog (with new media flags):
Use Recent Version of XBMC
In order to get the best out of this release you need to be using a version of XBMC built in the in the last day or so (since the changes to XBMC for media flags has only just been added). As yet the media flagging has not been added to a t3ch release so just use the most recent available.
If you do decide to use it without an up to date version of XBMC then you may find that you can't see any of the media flags and none of the backgrounds appear. You have been warned.
If you really have to run an old version (or you run PLEX which doesn't support the newer features that XBMC does) then have a look at this thread - Temporary Fixes for Older XBMC Builds
Genre Poster Packs
In this version I've added support for Genre Poster Packs (such as the one in this thread - Movie Genre Posters). To take advantage of this feature please see this thread - MiniMeedia and Genre Poster Packs
If you do find any problems or have any suggestions on improvements to the skin please describe them as fully as possible and give screenshots where possible.
Have fun and enjoy!
Skin download link - MiniMeedia v0.90
The skin itself does not contain any real background images since most users will already have a set of background images that they like (for MediaStream and Aeon skins etc) and I assume most users will be using fanart for the Movies and TV Shows anyway.
I have a nice set of custom background images that I use and aim to provide download links so that users can use these if they want.
Background download links -
Movies - Movies Backgrounds 1 Movies Backgrounds 2
TV Shows - TV Show Backgrounds
Videos - Videos Backgrounds
Music - Music Backgrounds
Pictures - Pictures Backgrounds
System - System Backgrounds
Power - Power Backgrounds
DVD - DVD Backgrounds
The skin is setup to work with Weather Fanart (the weather background should match the current weather conditions) and to get this working properly I recommend downloading timdog's Weather Fanart pack