MiniMeedia v0.90 Released (17/06/2009)
This is my first time using MiniMeedia. I liked .86 look and feel but wanted to wait for the next release (.90). Anywho, when I first start XBMC with this skin set, the screen has no text or menus. Once I push a direction, the main menu comes up. The boxes are there for the text, there just isn't any.

Second thing I noticed is in the videos section. When I am browsing through a TV show, the TV show background will be present only during the folder view. When I start scrolling through the episodes, the background changes to the default videos background. This doesn't occur when going through TV Shows and only through Videos.

I hope I described what I've noticed correctly.
Great skin btw. I might finally be able to get the gf off PM3.HD.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Also are you sure that Transparency skin is DEFINITELY displaying those flags based on the new XBMC media flagging fields and not because of values in the ListItem.Studio field?

As far as i can tell Transparency is using both the new XBMC media flagging and an hack to display media flag. It's written in the transparency thread...

ZIOLele
supernoman Wrote:This is my first time using MiniMeedia. I liked .86 look and feel but wanted to wait for the next release (.90). Anywho, when I first start XBMC with this skin set, the screen has no text or menus. Once I push a direction, the main menu comes up. The boxes are there for the text, there just isn't any.
I'm guessing you are using a PC and have a mouse? If so then disable the mouse in the settings.

supernoman Wrote:Second thing I noticed is in the videos section. When I am browsing through a TV show, the TV show background will be present only during the folder view. When I start scrolling through the episodes, the background changes to the default videos background. This doesn't occur when going through TV Shows and only through Videos.
I guess you have folder images at the TV Shows level then and not at the episodes level?

supernoman Wrote:I hope I described what I've noticed correctly.
Great skin btw. I might finally be able to get the gf off PM3.HD.
Thanks Nod
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
ZIOLele Wrote:As far as i can tell Transparency is using both the new XBMC media flagging and an hack to display media flag. It's written in the transparency thread...

ZIOLele
That makes sense. I guess Radikaltimes will have to have a look at exactly what the AudioCodec and AudioChannels values are and I can take it from there. (In the next version of the skin I hope to have all media flagging text displayed somewhere within the video info dialog)
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Small glitch, nothing major, just fyi... Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near my htpc right now to provide screens...

I use Profile/Posters for TV shows. When I'm in List View, (I think it's list view... when the list is in the lower left corner, and the thumb is upper right corner...) the thumb appears to be behind the shadowing box, darkening the thumb.
tmc701 Wrote:Small glitch, nothing major, just fyi... Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near my htpc right now to provide screens...

I use Profile/Posters for TV shows. When I'm in List View, (I think it's list view... when the list is in the lower left corner, and the thumb is upper right corner...) the thumb appears to be behind the shadowing box, darkening the thumb.

I've noticed that too, in movie list view, but i don't if that's deliberate.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I am using a PC...I should have mentioned it. I'll try that tonight.

I use Media Info Plus to set up the pictures and nfo. I don't think it put the folder images at the episode level, just the season image and the tv episode snaps.

This isn't a problem in the TV Shows section so I thought it might have been a bug.

skunkm0nkee Wrote:I'm guessing you are using a PC and have a mouse? If so then disable the mouse in the settings.

I guess you have folder images at the TV Shows level then and not at the episodes level?

Thanks Nod
Hey skunk, you know I did request also for studio posters, like genre posters.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=343715&postcount=6

Did also ask if ronie (Transparency) could add them. He did a quick mock-up:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=3...post353874
I really Like it.!!!Nod

Like the extra's in Trancparency :
-Animated weather icons. Home / Weather
-Music genre posters.
-Music Fanart not only in artist.

Maybe you can give it a thought to add those mods (optional) to MiniMeedia.Rofl
skunkm0nkee Wrote:You're right, the current version doesn't show all the flags but it should be showing the flags for dts 5.1. Do you know what the ListItem.AudioCodec and ListItem.AudioChannels values are? For MiniMeedia to show the same flags I would expect the values to be dca and 6.

Also are you sure that Transparency skin is DEFINITELY displaying those flags based on the new XBMC media flagging fields and not because of values in the ListItem.Studio field?

skunkm0nkee:
i remove the movie , edit the nfo file to look like this .. so i make sure no info is been pull from there.
still no dts flag

<studio>Apjac International</studio>
<studioreal>Apjac International</studioreal>

this what i get using EMM
Tag: / 720p / V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC / DTS / 6ch / / subeng
Radikaltimes Wrote:skunkm0nkee:
i remove the movie , edit the nfo file to look like this .. so i make sure no info is been pull from there.
still no dts flag

<studio>Apjac International</studio>
<studioreal>Apjac International</studioreal>

this what i get using EMM
Tag: / 720p / V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC / DTS / 6ch / / subeng

MiniMeedia won't check the studio value for any of the media flags so whatever value is in there is irrelevant for the audio/video flags.

If you edit 720p/Includes.xml and change the code in line 1952 from ListItem.Year to ListItem.AudioCodec. Refresh the skin and see what you see in the list view where the year should be? (For dts it should be dca I think)

You can change it again to show the number of audio channels using ListItem.AudioChannels (should be 6 if audio is 5.1)

When you are done change the code back to ListItem.Year and let me know what you find.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:If you edit 720p/Includes.xml and change the code in line 1952 from ListItem.Year to ListItem.AudioCodec. Refresh the skin and see what you see in the list view where the year should be? (For dts it should be dca I think)

You can change it again to show the number of audio channels using ListItem.AudioChannels (should be 6 if audio is 5.1)

When you are done change the code back to ListItem.Year and let me know what you find.

Ok. after changing the Includes.xml file .. this is what i get

ListItem.AudioCodec : dts
ListItem.AudioChannels : 6
Radikaltimes Wrote:Ok. after changing the Includes.xml file .. this is what i get

ListItem.AudioCodec : dts
ListItem.AudioChannels : 6

Weird, I though dts was supposed to show up as dca. Never mind, it's easy to fix.

I've fixed it for the next release but if you want it fixed now then update the following code in 720p/IncludesImages.xml on lines 1762 AND 1844:
PHP Code:
<visible>stringcompare(ListItem.AudioCodec,dca)</visible
should be changed to
PHP Code:
<visiblestringcompare(ListItem.AudioCodec,dca)  | stringcompare(ListItem.AudioCodec,dts)</visible
Ok, for those who like the animated Weather icons. Working in Home and Weather. Big Grin

My weather fanart location (xbox) = F:\weather icons
Is you location different change it (1x) in Home.xml and (4x) in MyWeather.xml

Did also add in weather "TWC" button (again).

Q:\scripts\TWC Supplemental\default.py
Also here change it if it's not your location.

Home.xml
MyWeather.xml

Edit: get icon pack here
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Weird, I though dts was supposed to show up as dca. Never mind, it's easy to fix.

I've fixed it for the next release but if you want it fixed now then update the following code in 720p/IncludesImages.xml on lines 1762 AND 1844:
PHP Code:
<visible>stringcompare(ListItem.AudioCodec,dca)</visible
should be changed to
PHP Code:
<visiblestringcompare(ListItem.AudioCodec,dca)  | stringcompare(ListItem.AudioCodec,dts)</visible

thank you .. that did it ..

also change the code for the ac3 .. i follow your instructions and i added one for ac-3 and now that works Smile

thank you once again
Radikaltimes Wrote:thank you .. that did it ..

also change the code for the ac3 .. i follow your instructions and i added one for ac-3 and now that works Smile

thank you once again

What did you change for ac-3 and which instruction. Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia v0.90 Released (17/06/2009)1