XBMC won't boot...
Hey there - I've tried installing XBMC-9.04-BABYLON-FINAL-T3CH on my Xbox running EvolutionX build 3935.

I deleted everything from E:\Apps\XBMC and then copied the new files to E:\Apps\XBMC as specified.

But when I try to run XBMC from the Evolution X dashboard, the screen goes to the EvoX graphic, hangs for a second, then back to the application list.

I deleted the savegames from E:\TDATA and U:\TDATA but I still get no different response. I tried holding down X+Y when starting XBMC and I got no new files added.

The Xbox is not bricked - I still have FTP access to it - but I would like to get Babylon to run, as it's my only media player. I have no cable TV.

Is there something else I should be trying? Are there some other files I need to be cleaning out before trying to run Babylon?

TIA!
Check that the file "E:\Apps\XBMC\default.xbe" exists and is the correct size. If this is the case, then you should at least be able to get the emergency recovery console running (which is achieved by holding white + Y as XBMC starts).

If that file's ok and recovery mode won't start, then the problem is outside XBMC...

You've got the latest version of the EvoX dash so there should be no problems there.

Try wiping the contents of E:\Cache, as well as the X\Y\Z partitions. Reboot and try it again.

Are any other programs (specifically games you have no save data for) doing the same thing?
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
I wiped out E:\Cache and saw that there's nothing in the X\ Y\ and Z\ partitions.

My default.xbe file is 7.76 MB in size. That seems about consistent with the other versions of XBMC I've downloaded.

Holding white + Y when starting XBMC doesn't do anything.

No problems when starting other games.

Hmm...
How is this console modified?
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
It's got an Xecuter no-solder modchip I installed 3 years ago - XBMC was running OK up until I tried various incarnations of 9.04.
Once I've got the dashboard running, all I need to do (in theory, of course) is to drag over the files to E:\Apps\XBMC, and EvolutionX will detect them. I think I did this the last time I upgraded.
Hey if it makes any difference - I FTP'd into my Xbox with the Windows client - by typing ftp://xbox:[email protected] into an Explorer window. Would it make a difference if I used FileZilla or something like that?
i find the best success by using Frosty's Rescue Disc. Stick this in, ftp to xbox and load all xbmc files.
I tried transferring the XBMC files over with Filezilla instead of Windows and there was no response. I also tried a 1/25/2009 T3CH version of XBMC and nothing changes.

Just to show you what's going on - I made a video of what I'm trying to do and what happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehc-40tageQ
If it is invoking the default.xbe, you should be getting an xbmc.log. If not, your default.xbe is corrupted somehow.

Check your xbmc directory to see if you have an xbmc.log anywhere.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Backup your UDATA/TDATA folders, then wipe them using UnleashX. Reboot, try XBMC again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC won't boot...0