What pixel ratio should you have when format is 1920x800
Hi. I'm wondering what kind of pixel ratio we should adjust to make this correct format correct when viewing. I have put the pixel ratio to 0,94, because that is the same I use when viewing 1280x720. Standard 16:9.

Any suggestions?

PS! I think they call this format cinemacsope, but not sure.
XBMC Live 9.11
Intel core duo 2,E7400 2.80GHz
P5N7A-VM
1 GB DDR2 667MHz
What are you trying to achieve here? What is "incorrect"? Are you just trying to eliminate black bars or were the source pixels non-square? We can't see the image or read your mind.
Ok, this is what I mean with correct pixel ratio:

http://i36.tinypic.com/hsqsno.jpg

If this movie was presented in incorrect aspect ratio you would see warner bros symbol pushed together.

So I would definitely not have it to fill the hole screen, I want it to be the way the movie was produced. How it was meant to be seen.
XBMC Live 9.11
Intel core duo 2,E7400 2.80GHz
P5N7A-VM
1 GB DDR2 667MHz
The only time you need to alter the pixel aspect ratio is in the case where your screen has non-square pixels.

It has nothing to do with the pixel aspect ratio that the source video may have - XBMC corrects for that automatically when scaling the image to the output resolution.

Assuming your screen has a 1:1 PAR, which most do nowadays (other than some of the early "HD-ready" plasmas, and most of those are just sent 1:1 PAR resolutions such as 720p/1080i/p anyway), then you should not have to alter the PAR within XBMC at all. The only case that you might need to change it is if you have a badly encoded source file.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What pixel ratio should you have when format is 1920x8000