[All Platform] Videos from MegaVideo via the TVShack Plugin randomly stop?
Question 
Hello everyone! This would be my first post here on the xBox Media Center Community Forums.

First of all, my name is 2 Bunny (world famous) from many many other forums across the internet. I have come here to join in the xBox Media Center Community and hopefully learn some helpful tips for the xBox Media Center.

Anyway, my problem is that there is a MAJOR bug I found in the latest version of the xBox Media Center (the one you download from that "tech" site). What happens is, when you are watching any video from the internet (specifically MegaVideo, as all other video plugins for the xBox Media Center are now broke) it will randomly stop a little of the way in. A few members have decided to watch internet video as well with their xBox Media Centers a few years back, so I'm not the only one. It does the EXACT same thing as pressing the "STOP" button would do. Just out of the blue, the hard drive starts clicking, and you're back at the video list. Last night, I looked on the "Tech" site again, and I had been using a broke version. I upgraded to the latest stable build, and to my surprise, everything got restored all right. So I went to play a video, and this time I got through just under TEN minutes! I thought I had solved the problems of the universe! And then it stopped. The WORLD came to a SCREECHING HALT ShockedHuhSad - that was the order of my emotions. If it helps, I have tried adjusting the cache to none and up a little bit, and none of these have had any effect whatsoever.

Thus I have arrived at some possible conclusions:
Conclusion A: The xBox Media Center is incabable of streaming videos from the internet/megavideo.
Conclusion B: My TV Shack Plugin is broken
Conclusion C: My controller or Remote is bad somehow

Some more helpful information in my troubleshooting experience:
I disabled screensaver - this did not help
I tried countless different videos - same thing happens
Most importantly: This NEVER happens when I am streaming movies from my SD Card in the upstairs computer.

My xBox is connected to the network via a crossover cable to my 802.11b enabled laptop. It works FLAWLESSLY for everything I throw at it (network stuff - Shoutcast, stuff from other computers, FTP), but not internet video. Apparently, nobody who uses the xBox Media Center uses internet video, but I do, and I would like to be able to watch a show for more than five minutes. I know its possible, the system is certainly capable of doing it!

Someone please help! This would be AMAZINGLY GREATLY appreciated.

- 2 Bunny

PS: How do I identify which BIOS I have on my xBox? Do I just go to the info tab on the xBox Media Center?
Sad 
So, uh, why hasn't anyone posted a reply? This is already out to the third page, and if this doesn't get answered, it jeopardizes the watching of television on all xBox Media Centers!

- 2 Bunny
2 Bunny Wrote:So, uh, why hasn't anyone posted a reply? This is already out to the third page, and if this doesn't get answered, it jeopardizes the watching of television on all xBox Media Centers!
Posts like that make it even less likely that you will get a reply. Has no one ever told you that patience is a virtue?

I highly suggest that you thoroughly read through these a few times while you wait:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Forum_Usage_Guidelines
and:
http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Stare
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
and a debug log may help....
prae5 Wrote:and a debug log may help....
Yes of course, that is a given:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_Submi...Bug_Report

I thought everyone read the FAQ before posting:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions

Don't we have that as a forum rule? Rolleyes
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Exclamation 
Gamester17 Wrote:Yes of course, that is a given:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_Submi...Bug_Report

I thought everyone read the FAQ before posting:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions

Don't we have that as a forum rule?

Well, I'm just worried that it might not be a "debuggermachine" issue, I'll look into that, though.

Gee, you don't have to be allOoAngry. Try more CoolLaugh and WinkBig Grin.

Sometimes, it is best to express your feelings with smilies.

Gamester17 Wrote:Posts like that make it even less likely that you will get a reply. Has no one ever told you that patience is a virtue?

I highly suggest that you thoroughly read through these a few times while you wait:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Forum_Usage_Guidelines
and:
http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Oh no, its not that. Its that I know that internet television is a HUGE thing for many users of the xBox Media Center, and many more people, not just me, are missing out now.

I already read all the usage guide lines and faqs and stuff a long time ago.

- 2 Bunny
2 Bunny Wrote:Oh no, its not that. Its that I know that internet television is a HUGE thing for many users of the xBox Media Center, and many more people, not just me, are missing out now.

Those sites like TvShack have nothing to do with internet tv. They are not even real streaming sites (that's why you have to start at the beginning each time your connection is dropped). The problem is that all these mirrors are totally overloaded and therefore timeouts and aborted connections are perfectly normal. You will get the same results if you use your browser.

You should not have these problems when using a real internet tv site which has enough servers to handle all requests. TvShack and all the other sites offer pirated content for free - there are just too many "customers" and not enough servers to handle all the requests.

There is not much XBMC can do about that. You should just download the videos.
Lightbulb 
Temar Wrote:Those sites like TvShack have nothing to do with internet tv. They are not even real streaming sites (that's why you have to start at the beginning each time your connection is dropped). The problem is that all these mirrors are totally overloaded and therefore timeouts and aborted connections are perfectly normal. You will get the same results if you use your browser.

You should not have these problems when using a real internet tv site which has enough servers to handle all requests. TvShack and all the other sites offer pirated content for free - there are just too many "customers" and not enough servers to handle all the requests.

There is not much XBMC can do about that. You should just download the videos.

Well, lets take that "tricky" reply bit by bit:

Quote:"Those sites like TvShack have nothing to do with internet tv. They are not even real streaming sites (that's why you have to start at the beginning each time your connection is dropped)..."

Yes, they are internet television. Television on the internet is my idea of internet television. I don't want to watch live television, just stuff like Early Edition and hole in the wall.

Quote:..."The problem is that all these mirrors are totally overloaded and therefore timeouts and aborted connections are perfectly normal. You will get the same results if you use your browser"...

Absolutely not! My sister uses megavideo on the computer for watching her favorite television cartoons that are no longer aired and has NEVER had a problem. So, you're definitely wrong there.

Quote:..."You should not have these problems when using a real internet tv site which has enough servers to handle all requests"...

Such as..?

Quote:..."TvShack and all the other sites offer pirated content for free - there are just too many "customers" and not enough servers to handle all the requests"...

Its not pirated. Besides, piracy is illegal. The servers at megavideo based on my sister's experience are no worse/slower than the ones at YouTube.

If you have individual "inquiries" for my replies, just number them so we can keep these straight.

Good luck!

- 2 Bunny
edit....
2 Bunny Wrote:Well, lets take that "tricky" reply bit by bit:

Yes, they are internet television. Television on the internet is my idea of internet television. I don't want to watch live television, just stuff like Early Edition and hole in the wall.

You don't seem to understand it. The content is not the point here. Real Internet TV is provided by a streaming server and not by a dumb HTTP Server which just sends you the file. It's a technical difference - the content does not matter.

Quote:Absolutely not! My sister uses megavideo on the computer for watching her favorite television cartoons that are no longer aired and has NEVER had a problem. So, you're definitely wrong there.

Try to use TvShack with your browser and you'll see that you get the same results. If you still don't believe me, check the forums of TvShack. They are full of complaints like yours. Many people have these problems. The servers are just overloaded.

Quote:Its not pirated. Besides, piracy is illegal.

Are you really that naive? Do you think the copyright holders upload this stuff to the servers?
Rainbow 
Temar Wrote:Try to use TvShack with your browser and you'll see that you get the same results. If you still don't believe me, check the forums of TvShack. They are full of complaints like yours. Many people have these problems. The servers are just overloaded.

And as a matter of fact I did just that. You know what? I watched an entire movie like TWICE and NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. Cool

Hmm, did the master make a mistake? Nod

- 2 Bunny

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[All Platform] Videos from MegaVideo via the TVShack Plugin randomly stop?0