• 26(current)
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations
When I get back my Laptop from HP I will fix the first post so it can include the reading of cdart.png and fanart from the source folder. I will leave both mods because with the new one you will loose fanart slideshow if your music is in a remote share.

If you feel adventurous the only thing you need to change is the path from where cdart and fanart is read to the path of your source album/artist and change both control type from <image> to <largeimage>.

cdart is read from the source album folder
fanart is read from the source artist folder
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Ok sorry again for asking but it is bugging me. In plain english for an idiot, where should the fanart for vizulisations be stored and what should they be called?
markmc2k10 Wrote:So it would be "\media\backdrops\artist_fanart\Kanye West.jpg"? or a seperate folder. I'm confused as I have tried that and still a blank screen.

Bit of a drawback if it can't read from the source folder but I think it is worth it.
It should be "\media\backdrops\artist_fanart\Kanye West\fanart.jpg"
But if reaven does get around to updating it then it will all work from the source folder YEAHHH
Ram2000 Wrote:It should be "\media\backdrops\artist_fanart\Kanye West\fanart.jpg"
But if reaven does get around to updating it then it will all work from the source folder YEAHHH
Amazing thanks very much Ram2000 it's working perfectly now! This mod is so good Smile
Hmm...

I have to set the Visualization from the Music menu to either Waveform or Milkdrop. THEN in the home menu when playing a mediafile, it takes 1min and the viz is visible. BUT, from here I have to change the visualization to "None" to see the fanart.

And when the media stops playing, and I start another one... I have to do this procedure again to show fanart! Sad Why's this?
Also, it would be nice to see this fanart and cd spinning in homemenu. Smile
Does this not work properly with 9.11? I unzipped it and copied a few images to the cd folder with the name "artist-album.png" when I first select a song from the album I see the correct image spinning as a small icon in the upper left corner, but when I go to the main menu. I just see the cd cover from my ID3 tag and no spinning cd, not even the default one. What am I doing wrong here? I'm running the straight 9.11 download from the front page of xbmc.org
quebert Wrote:Does this not work properly with 9.11? I unzipped it and copied a few images to the cd folder with the name "artist-album.png" when I first select a song from the album I see the correct image spinning as a small icon in the upper left corner, but when I go to the main menu. I just see the cd cover from my ID3 tag and no spinning cd, not even the default one. What am I doing wrong here? I'm running the straight 9.11 download from the front page of xbmc.org

you´re using my mod? then look in the options ("cdart mod on home screen")
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Just wanted to let you know that the xbmcstuff site is now ready for cdART scraping Smile
kodi user since XBMP !
and CDart's downloader is under developement Big Grin
this is really cool....hope this becomes standard and the art collections grows...
reaven Wrote:When I get back my Laptop from HP I will fix the first post so it can include the reading of cdart.png and fanart from the source folder. I will leave both mods because with the new one you will loose fanart slideshow if your music is in a remote share.

Did you get your Laptop back yet ?
PussyWagon Wrote:Hmm...

I have to set the Visualization from the Music menu to either Waveform or Milkdrop. THEN in the home menu when playing a mediafile, it takes 1min and the viz is visible. BUT, from here I have to change the visualization to "None" to see the fanart.

And when the media stops playing, and I start another one... I have to do this procedure again to show fanart! Sad Why's this?
Also, it would be nice to see this fanart and cd spinning in homemenu. Smile

I have the same problem. Anyone knows how to change this?
Ok random problem - with no fanart everything is fine (black screen). If I try to show fanart though, the whole visualisation only takes up one quarter of the screen, instead of being fullscreen. Any idea what's going on?

And btw, this mod is awesome Big Grin
Hey guys - would someone mind telling me how to get it to read fanart and cd art from the source folder? It doesn't seem to do it by default yet? :S
reaven Wrote:first the cd art need to be .png with no background that means restless heart.png after you edit it the art.

structure would be like

Aeon/media/backdrops/artist_fanart/<artist/band name>/

files inside <artist/band name folder>

cd.png
fanart images whatever name/whatever extension(.jpg, .jpeg, .png, ......)

hope that helps
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations2