• 6(current)
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations
Also a fallback fanart folder would be nice, which can be filled with the same backdrops of the home menu cycle for example.
Joy In Repitition
Batemann Wrote:Just got this working. This is fun. ;-)
Really waiting for the spinning, that would be super. And a default fallback icon... I have 1500 albums, and I'm not gonna make art for all of them. ;-) )

Here's an option for fallback, just display a fallback cd image below the other one.
If no cdArt is available, only the fallback image will be visible.
Code:
<control type="image">
    <description>fallback Cd art image</description>
    <width>200</width>
    <height>200</height>
    <posx>35</posx>
    <posy>-16</posy>
    <texture diffuse="disc_mask.png">fallback-disc.png</texture>
    <aspectratio align="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
    <include>cdart-animation</include>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <description>Cd art image</description>
    <width>200</width>
    <height>200</height>
    <posx>35</posx>
    <posy>-16</posy>
    <texture diffuse="disc_mask.png">$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]\$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album]\cdart.png</texture>
    <aspectratio align="bottom">keep</aspectratio>
    <include>cdart-animation</include>
</control>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Quote:I have 1500 albums, and I'm not gonna make art for all of them. ;-) )

ahhhhhhhh, I just did! where you think almost all the images in the gallery came from, at least the ones I found ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Quote:Here's an option for fallback, just display a fallback cd image below the other one.
If no cdArt is available, only the fallback image will be visible.

you mean fallback like the fallback image will always be there only visible if the image above it dont exist right ? if the image above exist it will cover the fallback image.

I already implement that but with the spinning, having a default cd spinning behind the cdArt in case there is no cdArt avaliable.

no fallback like the image will only appear when need it .

will <texture fallback= works ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:you mean fallback like the fallback image will always be there only visible if the image above it dont exist right ? if the image above exist it will cover the fallback image.

I already implement that but with the spinning, having a default cd spinning behind the cdArt in case there is no cdArt avaliable.

That's what i meant. The fallback image will always be there (and spinning), but will be covered by the cdArt image if available.

reaven Wrote:no fallback like the image will only appear when need it .

will <texture fallback= works ?

Nope, not currently possible, but there's a feature request for it on trac: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6776
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I was also thinking in moving all cdArts to one folder, is a paint moving each one individually to each artist folder...

something like moving all to folder <cdarts> and call them with
Code:
cdarts/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]-$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png

BTW
does this
Code:
$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]
works that take you to your music folder?

where you set the string ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:I was also thinking in moving all cdArts to one folder, is a paint moving each one individually to each artist folder...

something like moving all to folder <cdarts> and call them with
Code:
cdarts/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]-$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album].png

BTW
does this
Code:
$INFO[Skin.String(Music_Folder_Path)]
works that take you to your music folder?

where you set the string ?

It's a custom skin setting. it allows users to specify the path to their music folder.
To use it, you would have add it to the 'Advanced - Extended Aeon Options' Section.

Personally, i don't like having to create an entirely new directory structure somewhere for each and every new mod.
IMO it's better to store all the images in the already existing folders of your music directory. So just put an cdart.png in the album folder and the skin will pick it up.

Of course things will get a lot easier if your request to make the path available to the player get implemented in xbmc.

btw, thanx for your animation code, i've extended it a bit to speed up spinning on Forward and reverse spinning on Reverse.
Quote:thanx for your animation code, i've extended it a bit to speed up spinning on Forward and reverse spinning on Reverse.

hahaha, this have no end, does it ?

you add another animation control with a faster speed and a visible tag on FF and on RW
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:hahaha, this have no end, does it ?

you add another animation control with a faster speed and a visible tag on FF and on RW

yes, i like playing around with it. ;-)
it will spin faster on forward and increases speed when you select forward2x, forward4x, forward8x.... it spins like a madman when you reach forward32x :-)

i've also modified the 'pause' animation to gently slow down to a stop, instead of instantly stop spinning.
Quote:gently slow down to a stop, instead of instantly stop spinning
can you post your code, it would be great to paused in the actual position rather than paused at start position.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:can you post your code, it would be great to paused in the actual position rather than paused at start position.

the trick is to keep the cd spinning all the time, but add a spin in the opposite direction on pause.

Code:
<animation type="WindowOpen">
    <effect type="slide" end="95" tween="cubic" easing="out" delay="1000" time="2000" />
</animation>

<animation effect="rotate" end="-360" center="auto" time="5000" loop="true" reversible="false" condition="true">Conditional</animation>

<animation effect="rotate" end="360" center="auto" time="5000" loop="true" reversible="false" condition="Player.Paused">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="rotate" end="-28" center="auto" time="500" reversible="false" condition="Player.Paused">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="rotate" end="-15" center="auto" time="500" delay="500" reversible="false" condition="Player.Paused">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="rotate" end="-3" center="auto" time="250" delay="1000" reversible="false" condition="Player.Paused">Conditional</animation>

now you improve my code ;-)
ronie Wrote:Personally, i don't like having to create an entirely new directory structure somewhere for each and every new mod.
IMO it's better to store all the images in the already existing folders of your music directory. So just put an cdart.png in the album folder and the skin will pick it up.

Yeah that would be nice. Would make things much easier. ATM I have to create new folders for every band/artist again. Not a big deal but reading the cdArt from the folder containing the songs itself would make things a lot easier. Maybe introduce a name convention like cdArt.png or something like that.

But as I'm no skinner/modder I don't know if that's easily possible. But extrathumbs for movies can be shown as well although they don't really belong to XBMC itself. So I figure it should be possible.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Fantastic addition ....... if it worked for me Sad

so what with the limitations on adding a network share both directly into guisettings or the aeon advanced setting; am I right to presume that everyone using this mod has either all their music files local to their htpc/xbox/pc or have they recreated their artist_name structure again in a local location?

'cos for me I couldn't even get my head around recreating the 10000 albums directory structure again.

if anyone has successfully managed to modify the guisettings and put in a smb location in the path please please let me know

tnx

Brent
That is my understanding yes.

From the wiki, this refers to the 'imagepath' attribute of the MulitImage control:

Specifies the path containing the images to use for the slideshow. XBMC will first look inside the compressed Textures.xpr file for images, and then will look in the actual folder. The path is relative to the media/ folder if it is not specified completely. It must be a local path (ie on the local harddisk) for speed purposes.
yes this is a temporary solution until they add music fanart support to XBMC, anyway I doubt you listen to the 1000 albums just add support to the albums you listen more, thats what I did I just add fanart to the like 15 most listen albums.

I have try to do what ronie did but I cant and try to add the path directly in code without the use of the advanced settings and nothing I dont know if what is in the wiki about having the images locally have anything to do because all my media is in a server.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations2