• 7(current)
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations
hey ronie can you send me your advancedsettings.xml to see what and where you add this.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:hey ronie can you send me your advancedsettings.xml to see what and where you add this.

you mean guisettings.xml ?

this is the relevant line:
<setting type="string" name="Transparency!.music_folder_path">/home/xbmc/Media/Music/</setting>

if you store your music on a network drive, it should be something like this:
<setting type="string" name="Transparency!.music_folder_path">smb://Servername/Media/Music/</setting>
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Quote:It's a custom skin setting. it allows users to specify the path to their music folder.
To use it, you would have add it to the 'Advanced - Extended Aeon Options' Section.

lol, sorry I though you were talking about the advancedsettings.xml

do you have your media in a server or smb share ? if so have you experience any problems loading fanart or cdArt in the music library ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Great mod! However, is the artist/band fanart supposed to fade? I am not getting any sort of fade on change.
Nevermind ^, I guess I am having the same problem I am having with my home backdrops. They only fade about 25% of the time.

If any one knows of a solution I would be very grateful!
if you have more than one fanart for the artist its suppose to fade
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
ronie Wrote:you mean guisettings.xml ?

this is the relevant line:
<setting type="string" name="Transparency!.music_folder_path">/home/xbmc/Media/Music/</setting>

if you store your music on a network drive, it should be something like this:
<setting type="string" name="Transparency!.music_folder_path">smb://Servername/Media/Music/</setting>

in which node ? <mymusic>, <musicfiles>, <musiclibrary>, <musicplayer>, ect...

ok.. in <skinsettings> !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
ok I have the path ok.. but its not loading anything I put a label in the screen to see if the path is there and it is but no fanart loading is this have anything to with the fact that it's in a smb share and the control calling is a multiimage ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Is there anyway this mod can be used with the Pictures section? For instance, when in a slideshow, pressing "I" on the keyboard looks pretty blah right now.
reaven Wrote:ok I have the path ok.. but its not loading anything I put a label in the screen to see if the path is there and it is but no fanart loading is this have anything to with the fact that it's in a smb share and the control calling is a multiimage ?

hard to tell, post your multiimage control and whatever you've added to guisettings.xml,
and i'll have a look.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
is yours on a smb share ?

Code:
<control type="multiimage">
      <description>artist slideshow</description>
      <posx>0</posx>
      <posy>-</posy>
      <width>1280</width>
      <height>720</height>
      <visible>true</visible>
      <imagepath>$INFO[Skin.String(cdart_path)]/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</imagepath>
    <!-- <imagepath>backdrops/artist_fanart/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</imagepath> -->
      <timeperimage>4000</timeperimage>
      <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
      <pauseatend>4000</pauseatend>
      <randomize>true</randomize>
      <loop>yes</loop>
      <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
      <visible>Player.HasAudio + !Visualisation.Enabled</visible>
</control>

Code:
<setting type="string" name="Aeon Auriga.cdart_path">smb://MEDIASERVER/Music</setting>

there was also this, was set to false by default i tried both ways true and false
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="Aeon Auriga.cdart_path">true</setting>
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:is yours on a smb share ?

nope my media is local, but i could test it with a smb share later today.

reaven Wrote:
Code:
<control type="multiimage">
      <description>artist slideshow</description>
      <posx>0</posx>
      <posy>-</posy>
      <width>1280</width>
      <height>720</height>
      <visible>true</visible>
      <imagepath>$INFO[Skin.String(cdart_path)]/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</imagepath>
    <!-- <imagepath>backdrops/artist_fanart/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]</imagepath> -->
      <timeperimage>4000</timeperimage>
      <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
      <pauseatend>4000</pauseatend>
      <randomize>true</randomize>
      <loop>yes</loop>
      <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
      <visible>Player.HasAudio + !Visualisation.Enabled</visible>
</control>

remove the slash and put it at the end:
$INFO[Skin.String(cdart_path)]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]/</imagepath>

reaven Wrote:
Code:
<setting type="string" name="Aeon Auriga.cdart_path">smb://MEDIASERVER/Music</setting>

there should be a slash at the end:
<setting type="string" name="Aeon Auriga.cdart_path">smb://MEDIASERVER/Music/</setting>

reaven Wrote:there was also this, was set to false by default i tried both ways true and false
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="Aeon Auriga.cdart_path">true</setting>

remove this line completely, it's a duplicate of the previous one and can only cause errors.
I have already done all that before post I post it here.

Quote:remove the slash and put it at the end:
$INFO[Skin.String(cdart_path)]$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]/</imagepath>
if you see the line comment it after that one it doesnt have the slash at the end and that line works.

Quote:there should be a slash at the end:
<setting type="string" name="Aeon Auriga.cdart_path">smb://MEDIASERVER/Music/</setting>
already tried but it make no sense because one slash at the end plus the one in the multiimage control it would make something like this
Code:
smb://MEDIASERVER/Music//Akon/

*Akon is a random artist example

also the real slash on the smb share are back slash no forwardslash if you see in the sources.xml, but that would conflict with the forward slash of the artist path. anyway i tried both ways, if could test ti that would be great.
Thanks
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:I have already done all that before post I post it here.

if you see the line comment it after that one it doesnt have the slash at the end and that line works.

already tried but it make no sense because one slash at the end plus the one in the multiimage control it would make something like this
Code:
smb://MEDIASERVER/Music//Akon/

*Akon is a random artist example

also the real slash on the smb share are back slash no forwardslash if you see in the sources.xml, but that would conflict with the forward slash of the artist path. anyway i tried both ways, if could test ti that would be great.
Thanks

never mind the slashes, it turns out the multiimage control only works with local drives:
MultiImage Control
- imagepath: It must be a local path (ie on the local harddisk) for speed purposes.
yeah I know that but the image control isn't working either and I try both.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations2