• 27(current)
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations
cd492 Wrote:hope that helps

If that was an answer to me - I know how to get it to work within the skin folder, But all my CDArts are saved in the relevant album folder ie

Music
-The Beatles
--Abbey Road
---The Beatles-Abbey Road.png

And fanart is saved in 'The Beatles' folder. And I got the impression that there is a way to make cdArt read from these source folders rather than it's own folder?
maybe this post helps

reaven Wrote:When I get back my Laptop from HP I will fix the first post so it can include the reading of cdart.png and fanart from the source folder. I will leave both mods because with the new one you will loose fanart slideshow if your music is in a remote share.

If you feel adventurous the only thing you need to change is the path from where cdart and fanart is read to the path of your source album/artist and change both control type from <image> to <largeimage>.

cdart is read from the source album folder
fanart is read from the source artist folder
cd492 Wrote:maybe this post helps

Yeah I saw that - problem is I have no idea how to do it lol...
This is the part of the xml that I think needs changing - could someone please tell me what to change here lol?

</control>
<control type="largeimage"><!-- Artist Fanart-->
<include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
<texture>$INFO[MusicPlayer.property(fanart_image)]</texture>
<fadetime>400</fadetime>
<include>Animation_VisibleChange400</include>
<visible>![Skin.HasSetting(blackvisbackground) + Visualisation.Enabled]</visible>
<include>Animation_OpenCloseZoom</include>
</control>
<control type="largeimage"><!-- musicpath/Artist/Album/fanart.jpg -->
<include>FullscreenDimensions</include>
<texture>$INFO[Skin.String(cdartpath)]/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Artist]/$INFO[MusicPlayer.Album]/fanart.jpg</texture>
<fadetime>400</fadetime>
<include>Animation_VisibleChange400</include>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(visbackground2) + ![Skin.HasSetting(blackvisbackground)+Visualisation.Enabled]+ !IsEmpty(Skin.String(cdartpath))</visible>
<include>Animation_OpenCloseZoom</include>
</control>
Hi i have one question to the displayed fanart during playback.
Is it possible to define some pictures that appear if you don't have a fanart for the actual artist?
Is it possible to add the back cover of each Album into the MusicVisualisation.xml? Something like that:

Argh! Please help I'm at my wits end here now...

I have tried reading this entire thread for the answer but I must be doing something wrong with my folder structure as the CD art and the fanart refuse to show. I get nothing but the default CD and a blank background.

I have created the following path (caps and all exactly as I created them):

Alaska/media/backdrops/artist_fanart/

Then under artist_fanart I have for example a folder called Tool.

Under Tool I have pasted several .png files with transparent backgrounds labeled as such (for example) Tool - Opiate.png

As far as I know that is exactly as it is supposed to be done. Yet I get nothing. I also paste the Tool fanart poster in this same folder and it won't show up either. I have several other artists under the artist_fanart folder and none of them are displaying either.

Am I missing something very basic here? I am using a modified version for Alaska but my understanding is that the core function is identical.

This may sound dumb but should the fanart folder be called (in this case) Tool_fanart or something?

Please help. It looks fantastic and would like it to present nicely!
Most of all this information is old...

The XBMC team added a specific type of code a little after Camelot. Now folder structure and all the workarounds we did don't matter...You just need to have your cdart.png in the album folder, where all your .mp3's reside.

This plugin will automate the downloading...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
A sweet, that makes so much more sense!

I take it the <cdart>.png should be the same name as the parent folder?

So for example if the album folder is called Tool - Opiate, the the .png should be Tool - Opiate.png or just Opiate.png?

I'm assuming fanart is exactly the same deal - Opiate.jpg under the Opiate album?

Obviously I will experiment myself once I am home from work.

Thanks for the information anyway - it was very much appreciated!

EDIT: Just read a few posts up that cdart is read from the source album folder and fanart is read from the source artist folder. So the fanart is to be kept under the Tool folder, at the same level as the album folders. Simple :-D
like Mcborzu said this info is old there is a new code that pull the .png from the currently playing album folder and its suppose to be name cdart.png.

the new code is, just replace in your xml
Code:
<texture>$INFO[Player.FolderPath]cdart.png</texture>

@ dannycorker
the code block you typed is not part of my MOD beside theres nothing there about the cdart just about the fanart and that code use variables you need to define in maybe the settings the new code dont need any, you dont even need to specified the path to your music.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Ok then...

So even though I downloaded and installed the mod less than 2 days ago will these new changes not be present in the version I obtained? If so (and hence I need to modify the xml code) what xml file is the code in?

I'll have a look myself naturally.
reaven Wrote:like Mcborzu said this info is old there is a new code that pull the .png from the currently playing album folder and its suppose to be name cdart.png.

the new code is, just replace in your xml
Code:
<texture>$INFO[Player.FolderPath]cdart.png</texture>

The version of the cdart mod I have already has this line in it and it still isn't working.

I have a the cd art under the album eg// "/Tool/10000 Days/cdart.png" but that isn't working. Even the fanart in the parent directory is not working: "Tool/fanart.jpg".

I noticed that the line of code you mentioned is missing a "/" between ] and cdart.png but I tried it with and without that and it made no difference. (it should be in there anyway).

I've tried different names, I've tested the png files and they work fine when set as the default cd image.

I'm totally and utterly lost and incredibly frustrated :-(
Make sure you have a current version of xbmc or it won't work. I am not sure which revision allows the new way to work.
Hmm I can't get the revision off the top of my head but I am using XBMC Live and it was downloaded less than 2 months ago. Is the change that recent that it may only be 2 or 3 weeks old?

I'm going to assume no going by the dates of some of these more recent posts.
the version is in the log file at the top.

You need to be at svn r27711 or later

and you are right sorry:
Code:
<texture>$INFO[Player.FolderPath]/cdart.png</texture>
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"cdArt" concept - current cdImage with artist fanart support in music visualizations2