Rewind problems
For some reason, I can't rewind on video playback. It doesn't sound like itd be that big of a deal, but you dont realize how much you use rewind until it stops working. Anyways. What will happen is if its 2x or 4x it will just studder between frames. Anything higher than 4x will actually fast FORWARD, choppily, might i add. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Also, another thing, not as important though. When XBMC loads, it will only show the "Show me the Weather" link (Im using the home theatre skin). and have to exit and reopen XBMC several times to get it to load the rest of the links.
I am haveing the same exact issue with rewinding. I am using Linux (minimal install on Zotac Ion 330). I have a Window 7 machine with XBMC that doesnt have the issue....

Hoping someone with more knowledge can help!
Did you guys find a solution for this?

I'm having the same problem. When I try to rewind in XBMC (whether it's a dvd or divx doesn't matter) it starts to fast forward. Tried installing the latest SVN release, but that didn't solve the problem.
I had something like that... Rewinding works, but only the 2x and maybe 4x. Diddn't come any faster. It helped for me to play videos with DVDPlayer.
There's already a ticket for this..

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5462

It doesn't look like it's been looked into for months though Sad
Sneeka Wrote:There's already a ticket for this..

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5462

It doesn't look like it's been looked into for months though Sad

What a shame. With all of the trivial bugs being addressed, something as commonly-used as rewind is still broken 8 months after a ticket was created.

Last night I needed to simply rewind a few seconds b/c I missed something, and it spun into a 1-2 minute fiasco, going forward or way back, depending on the speed I selected.
it's not a trivial issue, it's a really bad ass issue to solve. video files are only made to be played back forward - which is reflected in the DELTA encoding used in videos. if you want to seek backwards, you have to find the previous keyframe, then decode forwards until where you want to rwd to. think about it - how many players have you seen that can even do rewind ?
spiff Wrote:how many players have you seen that can even do rewind ?

Interesting point. I know that prior to my discovering XBMC, my TViX media box couldn't rewind m2ts files, but what about general Windows media players, like PowerDVD. Do those not rewind? I've never tried.
powerdvd probably does it for dvd's. dvd's have special index info saved to enable it
Indeed interesting; I never realized this, but after some testing I indeed found out that movie files can't rewinded.

However I also have many dvd's (in iso files) which I play with XBMC and these can be rewinded by other programs (incl windows media player). XBMC is not able to rewind these dvd's neither.

Maybe this is something that can be looked into?
last bit could yeah. doubt its (anywhere near) on top of anyone's list though
spiff Wrote:doubt its (anywhere near) on top of anyone's list though

People don't rewind?
we just use skips
spiff Wrote:we just use skips

Yeah, that's what another xbmc user told me today. I wasn't aware of the 10 second skip. Gonna make sure my keymap is set up for that in fullscreenvideo.
I think its 10 secs or so. Spiff what is the exact backskip time performed when hitting the backspace key? If you happen to know offhand.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rewind problems0