Rewind problems
SlaveUnit Wrote:I think its 10 secs or so. Spiff what is the exact backskip time performed when hitting the backspace key? If you happen to know offhand.
It's settable in the advancedsettings.xml..

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Advanced...3Cvideo.3E
Sneeka Wrote:It's settable in the advancedsettings.xml..

I've gotta revisit all the advancedsettings options b/c that is really cool! I'm suddenly not so concerned about the rewind not working. I'll just remap my keys to time-based jumps. Thanks.

BTW, do you know what <smallstepbacktries> and <smallstepbackdelay> are?
Sneeka Wrote:It's settable in the advancedsettings.xml..

Edit: After looking I do see that is takes you back 7 seconds by default.
<smallstepbackseconds>7</smallstepbackseconds> <!-- Length of the small skip back (normally the BACK button) when playing a video -->
Using SVN of a few days ago, rewind is still a problem with DVD ISO files only. Everything else seems ok.

When you rewind, it jumps around in the video forward and back, but mostly forward.

I hope this will be fixed soon.
Actually I must say I now started using skips and it solves the problem really well. Give it a try!
BadMuts Wrote:Actually I must say I now started using skips and it solves the problem really well. Give it a try!

What type of files are your movies? All mine are m2ts & DVD iso, yet skips haven't helped much. I'm gonna dig into my keymap & advancedsettings later & make sure it's set up right.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
BadMuts Wrote:Actually I must say I now started using skips and it solves the problem really well. Give it a try!

It doesn't solve the problem. Rewind is still broken. Telling people to use an alternative feature rather than fixing the actual bug is not an acceptable solution.
I am running XBMC for windows from install labelled

XBMC_for_Windows-9.04.1-repack2

I'm running Windows Vista SP2.

XBMC is great but skipping through chapters and rewind doesnt work correctly. Skipping chapters just jumps ahead a couple of minutes. And Rewind has a weird skip back then skip fwd type process that ultimately moves me fwd and not back. I've heard there are patches out there and tried the latest, but it doesnt appear to fix the problem either.

Anyone know if this is resolve with a particular patch?

Windows Vista Ultimate, SP2, 64-bit
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU
4GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9400, Driver 8.15.11.9038 7/14/2009
Realtek HD Audio, Driver 6.0.1.5864 6/2/2009
I found the problem with not being able to rewind. it appears that using my setup on Win Vista or Win 7...the keymap.xml contains mappings for left, right, up, and down to skip fwd/back and rewind and fast fwd. The result was a choppy attempt to rewind. The tell-tale signs were the rewind was pressed and the timer would move back then fwd, then back and fwd with smaller increments back than fwd...ultimately a move fwd.

The fix is to edit your keymap.xml and remove the left, right, up, down keyboard and remote mappings in the full-screen section.
goonie Wrote:XBMC is great but skipping through chapters and rewind doesnt work correctly. Skipping chapters just jumps ahead a couple of minutes. And Rewind has a weird skip back then skip fwd type process that ultimately moves me fwd and not back. I've heard there are patches out there and tried the latest, but it doesnt appear to fix the problem either.

Try to use steps/seek instead of chapter skips. In the advancedsettings.xml you can set the number of seconds you want to move backward/forward. Using this option for me was a good solution.
spiff Wrote:it's not a trivial issue, it's a really bad ass issue to solve. video files are only made to be played back forward - which is reflected in the DELTA encoding used in videos. if you want to seek backwards, you have to find the previous keyframe, then decode forwards until where you want to rwd to. think about it - how many players have you seen that can even do rewind ?

http://tinyurl.com/mspy74
This player can rewind Smile
johnny2 Wrote:It doesn't solve the problem. Rewind is still broken. Telling people to use an alternative feature rather than fixing the actual bug is not an acceptable solution.

Its a free program that no one is forcing you to use... Spiff already said it is really a pain to attempt to fix and the time could be better spent doing something else.... I would say it is pretty acceptable..
Just curious as to whether there is any movement towards fixing this? Or is it just being shelved (permanently)? Or is it just not fixable? I've just discovered this particular "feature" too (and OK, it's not the worst issue in the world). All my movies are ripped under native VIDEO_TS folders (rather than, say, mp4).

-----

XBMC: SVN 22396
SKIN: Aeon Auriga (last July 16th commit)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rewind problems0