[AppleTV] Launcher 3.1 release for Apple TV
MaestroDD Wrote:I *think* it just takes the last build, so if it failed, there will be no download. TheQuestor is the right one to discuss with, if you want this changed.

I'm not really sure how this could be addressed server side. I could add a new flag that is either a say or 0 or 1 and if it is a 0 that means the build failed and the script you're using could be modified to go down the list until it sees its first "1" and that is the newest build available.?

If you go to my "Notes" Section and click on say "OS X" you will see a list of all builds. and which ones have downloads and which do not. But Again I do not know what "I" could do server side, I guess I could make a raw function that would allow the script side to maybe add a loop function to loop through all available builds and select the 1st "1" it sees as the latest build to download?
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
maybe only point the info.asp file at the last usable one?

but if this is generated automatically then that might be a pain to manually update
TheQuestor Wrote:I'm not really sure how this could be addressed server side.

what about the idea of TeknoJnky?
Let Info.asp point to the last working build?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Does the location of Info.aps _need_ to be an URL? I tried putting a modified copy of it in frontrow directory, but it does not get listed in downloads (after refresh etc)

Modification is to point to a build of my choice from, but I need the MD5 checksum, but they are not listed
checksums are optional

http://code.google.com/p/atv-xbmc-launch...BMCUpdater
pooh Wrote:Does the location of Info.aps _need_ to be an URL? I tried putting a modified copy of it in frontrow directory, but it does not get listed in downloads (after refresh etc)

Modification is to point to a build of my choice from, but I need the MD5 checksum, but they are not listed

this is actually a really good idea, it would be great if the laucher had a designated folder it would look for local files to update directly from the launcher menu.

for example, you manually download and copy an svn build to frontrow/updater/XBMC.dmg, then updater would let you select and update using that.
i applied the update via ssh OK. saw the area in the download section. Got the latest build and XBMC exits with error 5 every time now. Saw the note on the front page for the fault with the AEON skin. Any possible way to change the skin via SCP or SSH?
I'm working on a fix as fast as humanly possible for my builds. I have hit so many roadblocks from all areas that the frustration level is nearly maxed and the desire to format my hackintosh back to a windows machine is so ever approaching. Everything has changed in the last few weeks and NOTHING works with each other.

My issue right now is with macports [i do not like these people] I bugged an issue with macports 1.7.1 and the fact that libmms +uninversal no longer works and they shot back pretty much a tough s**t.

Comment:#21644: libmms +universal fails build on 10.5.7
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Reporter: thequestor@… | Owner: macports-tickets@…
Type: defect | Status: closed
Priority: High | Milestone:
Component: ports | Version: 1.7.1
Resolution: invalid | Keywords: libmms universal
Port: libmms |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Changes (by toby@…):

* resolution: => invalid

Comment:

1.7 isn't supported

so now I am stuck trying to use the non-universal libmms [and so far it looks ok]

But if tonight's build fail to work for you 10.4/ATV folks I have no idea what I can do and until something drastic changes I will be unable to support 10.4/ATV any longer in my nightly build.

Tonight's build is just finishing and I'll be uploading soon after, once done I'll post here and the link so you guys can try it out and see if it finally is fixed or borked beyond repair.

Craig
Main Rig [Scorpius] - Core i7 2600k @ 5Ghz. 16 Gig DDR3 1600. 1x HD 6990 1x HD 4870 Hackintosh [Chiana] - Core i5 @ 3.8Ghz. 12 Gig DDR3 Linux [Moya] - Core2 Duo E8200 - 2 Gigs DDR2 800 WHS [Zhaan] - DualCore [email protected] - 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Jothee] Core2 Quad @ 2.8Ghz 4 Gigs DDR2 800 VMC [Aeryn] Core2 E8400 @ 3.0Ghz 2 Gigs DDR2 800 2TB Server [Talyn] Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0Ghz - 8 Gigs DDR2 1066 FileServer [Crichton] P4 650 3.4GHz - 2 Gigs DDR
ok new build is posted [well 3 are still uploading, but close enough for this purpose]
Please go here to grab r23185.
Also please backup your system before using this because I don't want to be the cause of 100's of people's XBMC no longer working.
It works fine on 10.5.7 so it won't kill your machine or anything Smile but I don't want people mad at me.

People using the ATV updater script and already hosed your box using my last couple of builds please try this one and see if it fixes it.

All I can say is I hope it works and good luck.
Where can I get to older XBMC_Windows builds ? Similar to this link -

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/inc/EVA.asp?mode=BO

But for windows ?

(The latest r23185 broke all my video plugins)

Thanks !

Sorry- Wrong place to post, and found my answer (http://danielpatton.com/user-accounts/XBMC-updates/)
go to my site, click notes, near the bottom on the right, click Windows and then download which ever build is available. I normally keep 20 or so past builds ready.

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc
fyi,

http://www.sshcs.com/xbmc/Info.asp

seems busted
fixed Sad
TeknoJnky Wrote:this is actually a really good idea, it would be great if the laucher had a designated folder it would look for local files to update directly from the launcher menu.

for example, you manually download and copy an svn build to frontrow/updater/XBMC.dmg, then updater would let you select and update using that.

hm, after you've already downloaded/copied the dmg on/to your ATV, why not also _update_ manually?
It's quite easy: ssh into your ATV, download the dmg you want, download the update script and launch it with the dmg as parameter. e.g.:

Code:
//ssh into atv, e.g.:
ssh [email protected]
//download dmg, here 9.04.1
wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/xbmc/XBMC_for_Mac-9.04.1-repack.dmg
//download update script
wget http://atv-xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com/svn/tags/xbmc-info/scripts/xbmc-9.04_update.sh
//run update script with dmg as parameter
chmod +x xbmc-9.04_update.sh
./xbmc-9.04_update.sh XBMC_for_Mac-9.04.1-repack.dmg

Keep in mind that this probably isn't something everyone should do. Besides having one ATV for testing, I'm using stable builds for the ATVs I want to actually _use_.

HTH,
mdd

few links:
update_urls.plist: this is where the update info comes from and where the latest (official) update script is linked
latest update script: the one linked in update_urls.plist above

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Never bothered to post about the Error 5 problems since after reading the thread I knew is was just a matter of time... but now I wanted to specifically say THANKS! I just updated to the last nights build (this AM) and everything is working as expected...

- I did have a neat little issue where the UI only took up the lower left hand 'quarter' of the screen.

- Went to the menus and saw windowed as the default option, changed it to the full screen resolution (Huh??xHuh?) forget the exact panel rez and I'm too lazy to go check... Anyway as soon as I made the change and then clicked APPLY AND TEST it worked fine.

I seem to have a very slight overscan issue... all of the edges are like a 1/4" beyond the screens actual size. In other words... The 'news ticker' at the bottom of the screen (in one of the skins) isn't readable, you only see the tops of each letter.

However, I'm resorting to using component cable until my latest monoprice delivery arrives.

Word to the wise: Have a extra supply of cables available BEFORE you buy new toys to play with and if ordering with mono price order a few of each and try hard to think of any adapters you might need down the road. Its better than being stuck needing a single DVI->HDMI adapter and paying MORE in shipping then you do for the item. Then again its just as bad as my solution (below) buy too much 'xtra' stuff that you don't actually need right this second, but I've go a workshop that still has 6' of empty storage space so I feel the the NEED to fill it up! Smile

In this last order, I've stocked up on some CAT6 cables of a few different lengths, some CAT6 keystone jacks, modular keystone wall jacks, banana jacks keystone, sata2 cables, external sata, and 6 1.3a HDMI cables.

Now that means my next projects will NOT need any of the above, but something different... Big Grin

Anyway thanks for correcting the nightlys!

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Launcher 3.1 release for Apple TV0