XBMC can't power off my computer
I've installed XBMC on Gentoo-based machine, which is used only for watching movies on the TV. I can easily shut down my computer by pressing ACPI power button, or simply typing poweroff, or /sbin/shutdown command as root.

After that command, system showing a message "The system is going down for system halt NOW!", and after couple of seconds computer turns off.
When i'm going to shutdown the system from my remote, or XBMC menu, there is the same message on the console "The system is going down for system halt NOW!" and after that computer is shutting down, the network connection is closed, and the display is powered off, but the computer is still running and not responding at any way (something like in old AT system).

The question is - what is the difference between poweroff command executed by root, and the power off command generated by XBMC? Is there a place where can I configure shutdown methods used by XBMC?

Sorry for my bad English Wink
Your system is misconfigured. It's either HAL, dBus, user permissions or some combination.
I have similar problem with my ION box

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC can't power off my computer0