[AppleTV] How do I watch movies on my Apple TV?
Pardon the ignorance of this question, but I've been working over six hours on this.

I did the patchstick to my 32gb Apple TV and installed XBMC. Then I installed XBMC on my Mac.

What do I do next? How do I watch movies? If I goto XBMC in the Apple TV, it very quickly flashes half of the Apple logo then goes to a black screen. The only way to exit out is to unplug the Apple TV. I am 100% lost and am embarrassed to say so.
if you installed on apple tv, no reason to have on mac (unless you want it on both i suppose). Go to download on the apple menu and update the laucher , new version is 3.1 Afterward try launching xbmc again. In order to watch movies you will have to patch it with nitotv and add an external drive with movies or share them off mac and point xbmc to it.
Thank you so much.

Now my next problem. All of my movies are on my Mac. How do I move them into Boxee (on the Apple TV unit)? Otherwise, how do I point XBMC (on the Apple TV) to my Mac?
There is no one way. If you have a Mac and want to keep the files there (if they're larger than 32gigs for example) you can "share" the files on the Mac and mount the mac as an SMB share in XBMC. You could also link XBMC to the iTunes library (assuming you're using one on the Mac)... Not exactly sure how that works, but I'm pretty sure the support is there.

If your files are less than 32gigs and they'll fit on the appletv, you could copy them via scp (google osx scp client) to the AppleTV.

Or you can get an external drive and use NitoTV to make the AppleTVs USB port work with drives.
I have and external drive hooked up and the nitotv hack (which gives you access to external drive) i then have a sftp client that i just copy new movies over to the mac as i want to add them. For starters it is easier to just copy all them over via the usb local on the mac.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] How do I watch movies on my Apple TV?0