Looking for New Backgound Images for the Transparency! Skin
Question 
Hi,
There are 21 default background images included in Transparency!, some of them are great and some of them are of a slightly less quality.
Regardless of this, most of them will have to go.

So i'm looking for new ones. If you've got some great looking images and would like them to be included in Transparency! please post them here.
The images should be .jpg files with a size of 1280x720.

important:
Please only post images that are 'public domain' 'free to use' or artwork you've created yourself.
Don't post any images you have found on the internet, without proper permission to use this image from the owner of the artwork!

I'm looking for backgrounds in these categories:
- games
- login screen
- movies
- music
- pictures
- programs
- scripts
- settings
- tv shows
- videos
- weather

Cheers,
ronie
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Here is a link to a website with a lot of high resolution public domain photos.

Photos8.com

The images will probably need to be cropped to 1080p or 720p but from what I saw they are images very similar to what you are currently using.

It may be worth a looksee. Smile
Hi great skin thanks

check out the links to my picture
I took it on my recent holiday to Cornwall
If you like it then help yourself

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.hanselman/

Big GrinBig Grin
I'd suggest that once you find a set that you like, you color correct/tint them a little to bring a unified color scheme to your skin.
Burncycle Wrote:I'd suggest that once you find a set that you like, you color correct/tint them a little to bring a unified color scheme to your skin.

thanx for the tip, i'll keep that in mind.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
See => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=110

This is a whole thread dedicated for links to sites that hosts royalty-free, public domain (free licenses), or non-copyrighted digital 'clip-art' and images/pictures that skinners, and graphical-artists/designers can use in their skins free of charge (libre/gratis) and without having to worry about any legal issues

It also discusses what is gray-zone and what is still OK to use in a skin even if it is copyrighted.

Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I would like to use one of my photos for the home screen background. When I set it up, it is very dark. There seems to be a 'dark filter' on the home screen. How would I go about removing this 'dark filter'?

Transparency! is a fantastic skin and I thank you very much for it.
(2013-11-11, 00:08)BigJRM Wrote: There seems to be a 'dark filter' on the home screen. How would I go about removing this 'dark filter'?
i can assure you, there's no such thing in T!.
Thanks for the quick reply, it must be in XBMC. I'll see what I can do there.
I like to try the latest version of XBMC and the Transparency! menu system is so natural for me and makes any adjustments an easy action. Thanks so much for your reply and especially for Transparency!
Concept for one of the home screen 'masks', I've replicated with four variations below. Not sure how well this would really work, but if there's no enthusiasm, I'm quite happy they way things are.

The grid is half transparent png, with the moving slide images in the background right and more or less static boxes in the back, the foreground & background can be solid black, reflections, or some dreamy colour sweep.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for New Backgound Images for the Transparency! Skin0