aac 5.1 -----> DD 5.1 ----> receiver
Hi, Im currently a new user to XBMC and am also a user of Media Portal. Media Portal allows me to use ffdshow audio to reincode, in real time, any aac 5.1 to Dolby 5.1 for my Sony Receiver (cannot decode aac). Is this currently possible with XBMC? If so you could please let me know the steps needed.

thanks
It is not currently possible, but work is being done on this very thing.
natethomas Wrote:It is not currently possible, but work is being done on this very thing.

Good to hear, thanks for the update...Ill stick with Media Portal then....
Hello!
I use XBMC on my Xbox and I'm very interested in knowing more about the possibility to listen AAC 5.1 audio with the console connected to the amplifier with the optical cable.
Here are my questions that I hope some coder can answer:

- is at the moment possible to listen AAC 5.1 audio with XBMC on the Xbox?
- if not, what exactly XBMC does to the AAC 5.1 stream before sending it to the amplifier via the optical cable? There is some kind of downmix? To which format exactly?
- When you say that work is being done on reincodeing, in real time, any AAC 5.1 to AC3 5.1, you mean that this will be possible on Xbox too? Or just on Windows/Linux versions of XBMC?

Thank you very much for your help. Any answer will be very appreciated. Big Grin

Uli666
Xbox should already support this. It has AC3 encode in hardware.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
aac 5.1 -----> DD 5.1 ----> receiver0