[MOD] Recently Added Movies, TV Shows, and Music on the Home Screen
Thumbs Up 
1st a big thanks to Nuka1195 for the scriptNod

***UPDATE***
use andyblac newer recently added mod, what you can find here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=359...stcount=34

------------------------------------------ old ------------------------------------------------------------

this mod works just like the Weather on the home page works when you are on movies/tv shows it will popup and show you the last 4 movies/tv shows you added...

You will need to download 2 new files for this mod
(download http://www.mediafire.com/?mm3mjzylo5z)

then add them to your aeon skin folder
Includes_latest_added.xml in to your 720p folder
latest_added.py in to a new folder named extras

then open up home.xml and edit line 2 to say
Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">[b]500[/b]</defaultcontrol>
then find <include>Furniture_HomeRSS</include> in home.xml and add this code just below it
Code:
<include>latest_added</include>

then open Includes.xml and add this line
Code:
<include file="Includes_latest_added.xml" />

and thats it....
how does this mod work? does it fade off after a couple of minutes? Does it scroll thru if you add several movies? etc.. can you post a video of this working as this is awesome!!!
Looks great.
I just noticed this in the developer forum...this helps alot because I know what I added others in the house always ask me.

Nice job
rflores2323 Wrote:how does this mod work? does it fade off after a couple of minutes? Does it scroll thru if you add several movies? etc.. can you post a video of this working as this is awesome!!!

it works just like the Weather on the home page works when you are on movies/tv shows it will popup and show the last 4 movies/tv shows added...
Could do with a bit more space between them but other than that looks a great addition.
WOW!

I Turn my back for 1 hour and it's finished?!?! Jees!!!! ;-) That's cool man! I will try this out tonight.
Wow. With all these mods it's hard to keep up Sometimes. So many great idea's.
Slightly Off Topic...
A few days ago I saw a thread where some of you where proposing to incorporate all these mod's. Did something come out of that?
Joy In Repitition
Hitcher Wrote:Could do with a bit more space between them but other than that looks a great addition.

Second that.
Joy In Repitition
An option to turn off the cover art would be good, it takes up a bit too much of the screen for my personal preference.
Hitcher Wrote:Could do with a bit more space between them but other than that looks a great addition.

yep, i did not put that much time in to it as i was hoping that some one will add it there moded skin and make it look better Wink
Batemann Wrote:Second that.

zag2me Wrote:An option to turn off the cover art would be good, it takes up a bit too much of the screen for my personal preference.

all the code you need to edit is in Includes_latest_added.xml have a play...
looks great, just added it in myself
Line 51 needs changing to
Code:
<height>50</height>
Are we supposed to be able to play them from the Home menu now?
Hitcher Wrote:Are we supposed to be able to play them from the Home menu now?

you can but i did not add it as aeon uses up/down/left/right on the home menu..

what i was thinking of doing was adding a link for the submenu to move to the latest Movies/Tv shows list

some thing like this
Code:
<item>
   <description>Recently Added</description>
   <label>Recently added</label>
   <onclick>SetFocus(510)</onclick>
</item>
Ah right. And then there's the fact that Up/Down also moves the menu bar.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Recently Added Movies, TV Shows, and Music on the Home Screen4