[LINUX] Back-Row skin with no text or options!!
Hello, I am using a minimum install of ubuntu with xbmc live set up (XBMCbuntu) well I installed the add-on skins and applied the "Back-Row" skin....when it applied, there are not options for me to choose other than the few at the bottom...just a red curtain. when I choose the one that looks like a settings menu, nothing happens.. I hear the sounds when I press the arrow keys but there is no text or anything showing......I am able to press the "S" key and selt shut down or restart etc....(there is text there) but there is no option to close XBMC like other skins. If I restart the computer, it automatically boots to XBMC so I cant get to a terminal...PLEASE HELP!No
Ctrl+alt+f2
Ahhhh thanks.
ok whatsay i have the same problem how would i change the skin from the terminal?
not sure how to change from terminal. but you could just delete or rename the skin folder then reboot. that should default back to PM3HD skin...
joedeal Wrote:not sure how to change from terminal. but you could just delete or rename the skin folder then reboot. that should default back to PM3HD skin...
I have the same problem..I tried to delete the skin folder but it did not work for me. Is there no way to send a command through ssh so that i can get out of this bad skin that i shouldn't have tried..
anyone? terminal and change skin?
if you delete any skin that does not work XBMC should go back and revert to PM3.HD. If you have deleted PM3.HD then you best stick another copy on the machine
Thanks for answering.
I think i'm stuck in the mint skin.. Can't get to the settings page to change back to PM3.HD
I tried through the terminal (ssh) to delete the /home/.xbmc/skin folder and the /home/xbmc/skin folder but nothing changes after a reboot.
I ran this script earlier to update to svn and update skins. XBMScript ( http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57764 )

I think i must do a complete reinstall soon because this is bugging me.
Unless you went to /usr/local/xbmc... i doubt you deleted the stock skin.

The command you tried to delete was rm -rf /home/.xbmc/skin correct?

You might also rm /homexbmc/.xbmc/userdata/.guisettings.xml
I wish i knew more about linux to give you some help. Hopefully the above suggestion works for you.
Ah, thats it. The correct skin folder was in /usr/local/xbmc...
It worked when i deleted that folder.
Thanks.! :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Back-Row skin with no text or options!!0