• 1(current)
MiniMeedia v0.92 Released (25/06/2009)
Big Grin 
Another week, another release.

The main addition this time is further media flags (video codec and aspect) as well as tidying up how the media flags are displayed in genereal.

The info dialogs for the movies and episodes have been rewritten so as to fit in another 'page' of info - the text values for all the various media flags. Pressing left/right will navigate you through the info on these dialogs.

Another new addition is the ability to display animated weather icons on Home. This is based on the work done by Silverxxx in this thread. It is disabled by default but, if you download the animated thumbs from Sliverxxx's thread then place them in the folder that contains the custom weathe background images, you can then enable it.

The main changes are as follows:
  • Added: Displaying of video codec flags to Showcase view and video info dialogs
  • Added: Video Aspect & Video Resolution flags to all views (except Waterfall) for movies
  • Added: Video Aspect & Resolution flags to Showcase view and video info dialogs for episodes
  • Added: Displaying of text values for each of the new media flagging attributes to the movie and episode info dialogs
  • Added: Code to display animated thumbs on Home screen (place icon pack in custom weather BG folder)
  • Added: Option to turn the animated weather on/off
  • Added: French translation (thanks to luuuke78)
  • Fixed: Tidied up logic for displaying wider text on Full Video OSD (to get rid of any overlapping when plot is visible)
  • Fixed: Removed extra shadow on top of portrait thumbs in List view
  • Updated: Tidied up time display in Video OSD
  • Updated: Tidied up conditions for dolby value in AudioCodec field when showing audio flags
  • Updated: Added picking up of dts value in AudioCodec field when showing audio flags
  • Updated: Italian translation (thanks to ZIOLele)
  • Updated: Tidied up media flags on episode info dialog
  • Updated: Korean translation (thanks to kimp93)
  • Updated: French translation (thanks to bidossessi)
  • Updated: Dutch translation (thanks to Waffa)
  • Updated: Portuguese translation (thanks to xbs08)
  • Updated: German translation (thanks to Haggy)
  • Updated: Spanish translation (thanks to Melandryu)
List view for Movies:

Low List view for Episodes:

Episode Info dialog:

Use Recent Version of XBMC
In order to get the best out of this release you need to be using a version of XBMC built in the in the week or so (since the changes to XBMC for media flags has only just been added). As yet the media flagging has not been added to a t3ch release so just use the most recent available.

If you do decide to use it without an up to date version of XBMC then you may find that you can't see any of the media flags and none of the backgrounds appear. You have been warned. Shocked

If you really have to run an old version (or you run PLEX which doesn't support the newer features that XBMC does) then have a look at this thread - Temporary Fixes for Older XBMC Builds

Genre Poster Packs
In this version I've added support for Genre Poster Packs (such as the one in this thread - Movie Genre Posters). To take advantage of this feature please see this thread - MiniMeedia and Genre Poster Packs

Feedback
If you do find any problems or have any suggestions on improvements to the skin please describe them as fully as possible and give screenshots where possible.

Have fun and enjoy!

-------------------

Skin download link - MiniMeedia v0.92

Background Images
The skin itself does not contain any real background images since most users will already have a set of background images that they like (for MediaStream and Aeon skins etc) and I assume most users will be using fanart for the Movies and TV Shows anyway.

I have a nice set of custom background images that I use and aim to provide download links so that users can use these if they want.

Background download links -
Movies - Movies Backgrounds 1 Movies Backgrounds 2
TV Shows - TV Show Backgrounds
Videos - Videos Backgrounds
Music - Music Backgrounds
Pictures - Pictures Backgrounds
System - System Backgrounds
Power - Power Backgrounds
DVD - DVD Backgrounds

The skin is setup to work with Weather Fanart (the weather background should match the current weather conditions) and to get this working properly I recommend downloading timdog's Weather Fanart pack
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Im a newbie and have been thinking of purchasing an original xbox to use as a media centre and after viewing this skin...Im SOLD!!!

Very nice skin and nice to see someone active on this...so on behalf of the many ppl using this theme...a big thnx....and hopefully I wont bother anyone too much with questions on getting started!!!
Thank you skunkm0nkee Smile

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Just noticed that some long runtime values are overlaping the flags in highlist view.

PS: Love the animated weather icons Big Grin

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:Just noticed that some long runtime values are overlaping the flags in highlist view.

PS: Love the animated weather icons Big Grin

Thanks for spotting that, I'll fix it for the next release.

I'm sure there are probably others as I haven't had too much time recently so most of the coding has been a bit disjointed. Confused
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
this is probably off-topic but is there a guide to install this skin?

im picking up my xbox tonight and going to softmod it so I can install this skin later this weekend and would appreciate any links in a pm or anything in regards to my question...

skunkmonkee: pls feel free to delete my post as you see fit.
@grupy

You should just download the windows version of XBMC get the feel of it, learn how the library works, etc...it'll take 1min to download and install. All versions of XBMC are practically the same. It's a simple program yet highly configurable at the same time.

To answer your question:
You'll have a folder called skins you just put the minimedia folder(with all the contents) inside the skins folder. All done.
Then after install just put the BG's on your xbox hdd and set the paths in MiniMeedia.

Thx ,skunk for the update looks good.Nod
Nice to see the extra flags. Big Grin
Like animated weather icons, why not also in Weather screen.Huh
Btw you need to add :

<randomize>false</randomize>
<fadetime>0</fadetime>

They're not showing properly right now.
Thanks Waffa Smile

EDIT: Added those lines to home.xml (line 63) and on the PC works wonderfully but on the xbox the icons only show when i press Up/Down thru the home menu Huh
Without those line the icon stayed but the (not properly showing) animation only updates when i press up/down too.

Waffa Wrote:Thx ,skunk for the update looks good.Nod
Nice to see the extra flags. Big Grin
No probs, glad you like it.
Waffa Wrote:Like animated weather icons, why not also in Weather screen.Huh
Weather screen is going to be overhauled when I look into adding extra weather stuff from Nuka's weather plugin. Will look at adding animated weather at that point.

Waffa Wrote:Btw you need to add :

<fadetime>0</fadetime>

They're not showing properly right now.
Doh! How did I miss that?!! Fixed for next release

Thanks
xbs08 Wrote:Thanks Waffa Smile

EDIT: Added those lines to home.xml (line 63) and on the PC works wonderfully but on the xbox the icons only show when i press Up/Down thru the home menu Huh
Without those line the icon stayed but the (not properly showing) animation only updates when i press up/down too.

<!-- or 200 -->

Add this also. Isn't needed on windows but maybe for xbox. Didn't test.

Here's the code that I added to 0.90 and that did work on the xbox.Big Grin

<control type="multiimage">
<description>Weather image</description>
<posx>398</posx>
<posy>10</posy>
<width>HomeWeatherImageWidth</width>
<height>HomeWeatherImageWidth</height>
<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
<imagepath>D:\Rick\XBMC\weather icons\$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</imagepath>
<timeperimage>100</timeperimage>
<!-- or 200 -->
<fadetime>0</fadetime>
</control>
This is starting to become my fav skin. It is hard to choose between this and mediastream :X
Changing to 200 doesn't work on the xbox. Tested Transparency! and works.

Putting the icon folder in media folder and changing imagepath code works Huh

<imagepath>icon\$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</imagepath>

The code for finding the icons is:

Code:
<imagepath>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomWeatherBGFolder)]\icon\$INFO[Weather.FanartCode]</imagepath>

So if your custom weather BG folder (where the weather fanart pack is for me) is C:\XBMC Stuff\_backgrounds\weather\ then you want to place the icon pack in this folder too. In this example the images for rain/lightning should be in C:\XBMC Stuff\_backgrounds\weather\icon\00\

I think the animated icons original expanded into icon\icon so make sure it is ...\weather\icon\00\ and not ...\weather\icon\icon\00\
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia v0.92 Released (25/06/2009)1