Distance from Router differences
I have two xboxes with the same build of xbmc on them, T3CH XBMC 2009-05-21 SVN rev20439. the upstairs xbox is about 5 feet away from my router which i have connected via cat5e cable. the xbox downstairs is connected also with a cat5e cable. I ran cable which was about 50 feet. everything works in the upstairs xbox - especially streaming live tv from the nav-x browser (AWESOME!!), video plugins, etc...
downstairs, the same things do not work. like the food network video plug from passion xbmc works upstairs but not downstairs. streaming live tv works upstairs not downstairs. do you think 45 feet makes that much of difference?
Only if your cable is bad... cat5 is good for 100m or something.
so i switched the xbox upstairs that is only about 6 feet from the router to the connection i have downstairs and I have the same problem. Plug the xbox in upstairs and everything works fine. I guess it's just the distance although that doesn't seem right. most everything works just one or two plug ins that don't, like the food network and gamespot plugin. oh well, better then playing for cable.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Distance from Router differences0