• 3(current)
Transparency! - FAQ / HowTo
I love the way everything is displayed when I'm viewing my list of Movies in library mode. This skin is beautiful for "fanart", and I love the way it displays the poster, info, list and fanart; no other skin does it as well as Transparency (imo).

One thing I'm wondering about though is the view when I'm viewing my TV Shows in library mode. Is there an option to view my tv shows the same way that the movies display? The "poster" for each of my shows is not displayed and I don't see an option to turn it on.

Thanks Smile
Shuey Wrote:I love the way everything is displayed when I'm viewing my list of Movies in library mode. This skin is beautiful for "fanart", and I love the way it displays the poster, info, list and fanart; no other skin does it as well as Transparency (imo).

One thing I'm wondering about though is the view when I'm viewing my TV Shows in library mode. Is there an option to view my tv shows the same way that the movies display? The "poster" for each of my shows is not displayed and I don't see an option to turn it on.

Thanks Smile

if you're actually using posters for tv shows (most of us use banners) then yes, they will probably show up in one of the next releases. it's been on my to-do list for a long time.

i won't be adding tv show banners though, as i can't find a place in fanart view where they would look good.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for the reply Ronie!

Yep, I use posters for my tv shows; not that I don't like banners, I just prefer posters. If there is a way in the future to display either/or, that would be cool too Smile

And I agree on not displaying banners for tv shows in fanart mode; there doesn't seem to be a good place to put them without killing the purpose of the skin.

Thanks for all your hard work man, this skin is absolutely beautiful!
Hey, quick question not sure if its a problem or by design...but the artist info overlay that you can toggle during playback over the visualization or fanart doesn't show up unless you're playing tracks from a single artist. Info doesn't scroll when you're playing a playlist or from your entire library.
Cheeto Wrote:Hey, quick question not sure if its a problem or by design...but the artist info overlay that you can toggle during playback over the visualization or fanart doesn't show up unless you're playing tracks from a single artist. Info doesn't scroll when you're playing a playlist or from your entire library.

it's a xbmc bug. i've already created a ticket for it:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7902

related forum discussion:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66399
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hey, I have my custom menu items working just like I'd hoped thanks to your great guide. Now I'm probably getting greedy here... but is it possible through editing xmls to have the "Animated Fanart Backgrounds" with a custom path - such as is available for movies, tv shows and music - for these newly created menu items? I see your FAQ post has the instructions for the "multi image" with a custom path... but I'd love to have the Movie Theatre effect from the movies screen for each of my custom menus.
thewillum Wrote:Hey, I have my custom menu items working just like I'd hoped thanks to your great guide. Now I'm probably getting greedy here... but is it possible through editing xmls to have the "Animated Fanart Backgrounds" with a custom path - such as is available for movies, tv shows and music - for these newly created menu items? I see your FAQ post has the instructions for the "multi image" with a custom path... but I'd love to have the Movie Theatre effect from the movies screen for each of my custom menus.

first, specify special://skin/images/backgrounds/movies.png as the background image for your custom menu items.

next, at the top of Includes_Home.xml, edit the visible condition of the first multiimage control (Home_Movies_Fanart).
you'll have to add the id's of your custom buttons, like so:
<visible>[Container(5040).HasFocus(2) | Container(5041).HasFocus(2) | Container(5040).HasFocus(yourid) | Container(5041).HasFocus(yourid)] + !Player.HasVideo</visible>
thewillum Wrote:Hey, I have my custom menu items working just like I'd hoped thanks to your great guide. Now I'm probably getting greedy here... but is it possible through editing xmls to have the "Animated Fanart Backgrounds" with a custom path - such as is available for movies, tv shows and music - for these newly created menu items? I see your FAQ post has the instructions for the "multi image" with a custom path... but I'd love to have the Movie Theatre effect from the movies screen for each of my custom menus.

Where exactly can I find the guide to make a custom menu entry?
joebanana Wrote:Where exactly can I find the guide to make a custom menu entry?

first page of this thread. ;-)
That's what I thought but I'm not sure I found the good option as it doesn't clearly state it is for customer menu creation. Is it item #14?
joebanana Wrote:That's what I thought but I'm not sure I found the good option as it doesn't clearly state it is for customer menu creation. Is it item #14?

afraid you've lost me there mate...
you sure we're talking about the same thing?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=411326&postcount=7
Ah. I read 1st "post" instead of "page" lol...

Got it now. Thanks Ronie Smile
Is there any way to get Transparency! displaying per-season fanart while in library mode? (eg. /SomeAwesomeShow/season 01/fanart.jpg)

While I'm asking, what about per-season folder.jpg banners?
jameyc Wrote:Is there any way to get Transparency! displaying per-season fanart while in library mode? (eg. /SomeAwesomeShow/season 01/fanart.jpg)

While I'm asking, what about per-season folder.jpg banners?

nope, both are not implemented in Transparency!
Just start to use v2.16(rev 303) from SVN.

In [Settings]-[Skin Settings]-[Sctipts], I can't chose "default.py" for Script path. If I browse for file, default.py is not shown in the directory. (for both OSD scripts) Why? Or pls let me know which file should I modify for a workaround?

Ubuntu 9.04
XBMC Pre-10.5 r28256
Transparency! v2.16(SVN rev303)

Thanks
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! - FAQ / HowTo1