• 4(current)
Transparency! - FAQ / HowTo
Hang in there .. gettin close, I can feel it..
kyouhei Wrote:Just start to use v2.16(rev 303) from SVN.

In [Settings]-[Skin Settings]-[Sctipts], I can't chose "default.py" for Script path. If I browse for file, default.py is not shown in the directory. (for both OSD scripts) Why? Or pls let me know which file should I modify for a workaround?

Ubuntu 9.04
XBMC Pre-10.5 r28256
Transparency! v2.16(SVN rev303)

Thanks

best is to downgrade T! to svn r260
see here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=506601&postcount=1

everything above r260 requires you to run a unstable xbmc svn version
and is not recommended.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks ronie. r260 works fine Smile
Ronie,

Looked all over, but can't seem to find an answer to this. Just installed the Transparency skin, and for some reason, none of the default backgrounds will show up on any of the screens. Even when trying to edit the backgrounds to a single image of the stored images in the skins, these will not save for some reason. I can only get fan art to save if I have images. Any idea on why none of the default images will show up? Thanks.

Nate
are you perhaps running an old version of xbmc?

check if you have at least xbmc 9.11 and Transparency! 2.11
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:are you perhaps running an old version of xbmc?

check if you have at least xbmc 9.11 and Transparency! 2.11

I do have the newest xbox friendly version of Transparency, but I'm using the most stable release of t3ch version of XBMC for xbox which is 9.04.1. Should I upgrade to his SVN version? I thought the true 9.11 version only worked on windows/linux/etc. as I don't see an xbox download on xbmc.org's download page. Thanks again for your help.

Nate
reitman1 Wrote:I do have the newest xbox friendly version of Transparency, but I'm using the most stable release of t3ch version of XBMC for xbox which is 9.04.1. Should I upgrade to his SVN version? I thought the true 9.11 version only worked on windows/linux/etc. as I don't see an xbox download on xbmc.org's download page. Thanks again for your help.

Nate

9.04.1 is pretty old, you should try the latest T3CH release (XBMC 2010-04-27 SVN rev29407).
ronie Wrote:9.04.1 is pretty old, you should try the latest T3CH release (XBMC 2010-04-27 SVN rev29407).

I'll install that when I get home from work and let you know how it goes. Thanks much!
ronie Wrote:9.04.1 is pretty old, you should try the latest T3CH release (XBMC 2010-04-27 SVN rev29407).

That worked like a charm!
Hi all i have a question i didnt see covered (maybe i missed it ) i wanna put multiple backgrounds in the back of a custom path on my box (not in home menu but behind it ) its currently pointed to video files view but it shares a bkgrnd path with the videos tab ...is this possible
CrickDo666 Wrote:Hi all i have a question i didnt see covered (maybe i missed it ) i wanna put multiple backgrounds in the back of a custom path on my box (not in home menu but behind it ) its currently pointed to video files view but it shares a bkgrnd path with the videos tab ...is this possible

you'll have to mod the skin for it

in MyVideos.xml, you'll find one multiimage control,
add another one after it:
Code:
<control type="multiimage">
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>1280</width>
    <height>720</height>
    <timeperimage>5000</timeperimage>
    <randomize>true</randomize>
    <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
    <imagepath fallback="special://skin/images/backgrounds/background-videos.jpg">[i][b]/path/to/backgroundsfolder[/b][/i]</imagepath>
    <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
    <include condition="Skin.HasSetting(AnimateBackgrounds)">backgroundanimation</include>
    <include>VisibleFadeEffect</include>
    <visible>substring(Container.FolderName,[i][b]SourceName[/b][/i]) + IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)) + IsEmpty(Fanart.Image)</visible>
</control>

replace '/path/to/backgroundsfolder' with the path to the folder containing your background images
and replace 'SourceName' with the name you've given to the source when you added your custom path to xbmc.
thanx for the quick response ill give it a try ang let you know how it works out Smile
is the sourcename the label i gave in includes_home.xml? its currently just going to the videos source page
no, it's the label that's shown on the Videos page.
let's say you want custom backgrounds when browsing your Home Movies,
you simply replace SourceName with Home Movies

ok im glad u showed a screen cause mine looks the same (except the links) so theoretically if i go into home movies and my myvideo.xml looks like this

</control><control type="multiimage">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>0</posy>
<width>1280</width>
<height>720</height>
<timeperimage>5000</timeperimage>
<randomize>true</randomize>
<fadetime>2000</fadetime>
<imagepath fallback="special://skin/images/backgrounds/background-videos.jpg">/E/IMAGES/Home Movies/</imagepath>
<aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
<include condition="Skin.HasSetting(AnimateBackgrounds)">backgroundanimation</include>
<include>VisibleFadeEffect</include>
<visible>substring(Container.FolderName,Home Movies) + IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(Fanart_Image)) + IsEmpty(Fanart.Image)</visible>
</control>

and my art is in E:/IMAGES/Home Movies and my videos are in SMB://Home Movies
i have it like this where am i going wrong?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! - FAQ / HowTo1