• 7(current)
Transparency! - FAQ / HowTo
Hi Ronnie,

Firstly - I love the skin! Big Grin

I'm new to XBMC and Transparency! and am just a bit confused as to the difference of Video Library and Video Files. I recently updated my Transparency! Version to 2.11 (Camelot 9.11) and have now noticed that Movies and TV Shows (as well as Videos) are available as Menu items. I use to only use Videos as that is all that was available in the previous version I had.

Video Files
Within this, I have added 2 sources being Movies and TV Shows which both map to respective directories on my PC. These show all of the Movies and TV Series that I have on my PC. So it is a matter of selecting e.g. Menu > Videos > Movies > Iron Man, to view a film.

Video Library
Now correct me if I am wrong here: I have noticed that both Movies and TV Shows are available to add as Menu items and that these both point to XBMC – Videos – Library. I have also noticed when I select Movies from the Menu, that it takes me directly to my listing of movies and if I browse back it them gives me my old familiar list of being able to select a film by Genres, Title, Year, etc. Which is great.

What is the difference between Video Files and Video Library?

My issue is that all of my Movies and TV Shows are appearing via Video Files, but only some are appearing by Video Library. I have also noticed via the Library it has added some weird TV Shows with the Titles listed as garbage text e.g. font-weight:bold}.showtimes.time{color: Why is this? I have chosen XBMC > Settings > Videos > Library > Clean Library... but this doesn’t fix or update the listing, neither does Scanning The Library to Scan for New Content.

As Video Library has better Movies Search option e.g. Genres, Title, Year. I would prefer to use it as opposed to Video Files, in which case I can remove Videos as an option from the Menu. What can I do to get Video Library working properly?

Thanks,
natepiet
a lot of your questions are answered in the wiki:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...tart_Guide
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid..._in_Videos
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_Library
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Amazing skin!
the best one in my mind !

i love it
Ronie

Great skin, just wondered now that I have started using Dharma, will your skin be available via the XBMC addon repository?
Terracotta Wrote:Ronie

Great skin, just wondered now that I have started using Dharma, will your skin be available via the XBMC addon repository?

soon...
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I hope it enters the repository soon, T! is by far my favorite skin, but installing and upgrading manually is a big PITA :-D

Many thanks for it, Ronie!
Hi Ronie,
I am loving and using your skin since many months now. It is for sure my favourite skin. Now I upgraded my xmbc on ATV to Dharma beta 2 and Transparency! to version 3.06 rev. 521 and now I got some issues with the Music screen. I was using the Music screen in File Mode, but now every time I launch that screen, it comes up in Database Mode. I can temporary change it back to File Mode by disabling the Database Mode in the menu, but as soon as I leave the screen and come back, it shows up in Database Mode again.
I searched all radio buttons in the settings, but couldn't find anything, to set the screen to come up in File Mode.

Is there anything, I did not do or did not find?

PS: there was a similar situation in some earlier 3.0 version of Transparency! with the Video screen, but to solve that, there was a radio button in the Skin Settings.
Alsterschiffer Wrote:I searched all radio buttons in the settings, but couldn't find anything, to set the screen to come up in File Mode.

to access you music in filemode,
you can use the Music > Files submenu button on the home menu.

only if you don't have a music library, the Music menu button will default to filemode.

you can manually alter the code if you want the Music menu button to always take you to filemode, in Includes_Home.xml change the two occurrences of:
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary)</onclick>
to:
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicFiles)</onclick>
Deleted - Moved to original tread.
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
ronie Wrote:to access you music in filemode,
you can use the Music > Files submenu button on the home menu.

only if you don't have a music library, the Music menu button will default to filemode.

you can manually alter the code if you want the Music menu button to always take you to filemode, in Includes_Home.xml change the two occurrences of:
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicLibrary)</onclick>
to:
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MusicFiles)</onclick>

Thanx, Ronie. Works great.
Would you consider to implement a permanent switch in some skin settings menu, to make it easier to switch modes?
Alsterschiffer Wrote:Thanx, Ronie. Works great.
Would you consider to implement a permanent switch in some skin settings menu, to make it easier to switch modes?

will add it to my todo list.
most info in this thread is deprecated.
closing this and will open a new faq.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transparency! - FAQ / HowTo1