2 different skins for 2 different monitors?
Hi ,
I'm just wondering if it's possible to run 2 different skins on 1 xbmc installations? Or is it possible to modify a skin to display parts of the information on the second monitor.

If all this is not possible - can I run 2 xbmc installations on 1 machine and interact between those 2 installations?

thanks
I have no idea what the hell you're trying to accomplish here. You can set a different skin for each user profile though, dunno if that gets you where you want to be or not though.
sry, I'm a little inprecise in my description.
I wanna run 2 monitors. 1 TV and 1 small 7". TV mainly for TV/Video and 7" for playing music and checking weather or so without the need of the big TV.
Therefor i want to run a "more basic" skin on the smaller moni and lets say aeon or mediastream on the big one.
Not possible. I think you'd be better off trying to get your display driver to clone the output to both displays. Or find one of those tools that lets you specify which display to launch an app on and make yourself two separate shortcuts.
Or just using a web interface on the second monitor:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=The_Web_Interface

...there are other third-party web interfaces as well Wink

There are also third-party control applications Nod
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
All the webifs and controlls are very basic. I want to have some bling bling stuff Smile
eduardos Wrote:All the webifs and controlls are very basic. I want to have some bling bling stuff Smile
Then create your own or modify an existing one to better suit your needs, patches are welcomed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
OK. I'll try to.
Would you please give me hint what would be the best point to start
learn how to write web pages would be the first start then edit/replace the existing files

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 different skins for 2 different monitors?0