Pioneer Kuro Xorg 1080p
Have a Pioneer Kuro 5090 and been searching for a xorg conf file with the correct setup to view 1080p60hz in XBMC (Live version 9.0.1). Does anyone now where to find this?
I have a pioneer plasma and this is giving me really good results.

FWIW I have XBMCLive with the svn repo enabled, VDPAU and the "smoothvideo" stuff enabled.

No more modeline hell, I'm leaving it at 60hz rather than the 24p stuff right now.

Hope it helps in any way

SebJ

PS:Nvidia 9500GT

Quote:Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Layout0"
Screen 0 "Screen0"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "Module"
Load "dbe"
Load "extmod"
Load "type1"
Load "freetype"
Load "glx"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
# generated from default
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"
Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
# generated from default
Identifier "Keyboard0"
Driver "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
Identifier "Monitor0"
VendorName "Unknown"
ModelName "Unknown"
HorizSync 28.0 - 33.0
VertRefresh 43.0 - 72.0
Option "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier "Device0"
Driver "nvidia"
VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device "Device0"
Monitor "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth 24
Option "NoLogo" "True"
Option "DynamicTwinView" "false"
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
EndSubSection
EndSection
sebj, I don't see any special settings in your xorg.conf. in fact, it looks exactly like the standard XBMC(live) xorg.conf

a really nice "customized" xorg.conf for XBMX running on nvidia is this here:

http://pastebin.com/f3c527e02

please don't use the horizontal sync and vertical refresh values in your configuration as this may very well screw up your X server. instead, have a look at the Screen and Device sections. it is especially useful to disable the hardware cursor as many users report problems with wake up from standby. in Screen section, these parameters

#
Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
#
Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "True"
#
Option "FlatPanelProperties" "Scaling = Native"

help with the best support and compatibility for digital FullHD panels (DVI/HDMI)

additionally, it would be helpful if you would tell us *exactly* why you search for a "correct setup" for 1080p60Hz with your Kuro. is there something wrong?
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
@Hannes the Hun

Yeah my config is pretty much the stock XBMCLive xorg.conf, for 60hz, it does the job fine on my Kuro, that was my point.

Thanks for you conf file though, I tried it out with high hopes about what you said about sleep, which doesn't work on my setup. I'm sad to say that the hwcursor stuff hasn't improved my sleep issue. Bummer, pretty stumped actually.

I used to have a really tricked out xorg.conf in the past (pre-smoothvideo) but I created a ticket for HDPVR recordings, and wanted to keep things as stock as possible to be sure that I wasn't introducing anything funky, so the guys could repro.

SebJ
I'm sorry about your standby issues. the "trick" to disable HWcursor only helps when after wake-up, the dreaded X cursor stays in the middle of the screen, no matter what you play.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pioneer Kuro Xorg 1080p0