• 2(current)
[XBOX] Native Media Flagging in XBMC for Xbox?
Waffa Wrote:Edit: Uuhh sorry, how do I apply this patch ?

Anyone?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
okay,

'whenever arnova has the time, inspiration and deems it addable'.

better? did that help you? yield any new information?

you apply the patch exactly how you would apply any other patch.
spiff Wrote:you apply the patch exactly how you would apply any other patch.

Lol, in windows I normally click on it and it's done.
Did try that with the patch believe me. Laugh
Give me a hint or example I'm a total noob in this. Nod
Waffa Wrote:Lol, in windows I normally click on it and it's done.
Did try that with the patch believe me. Laugh
Give me a hint or example I'm a total noob in this. Nod

Just install/use TortoiseSVN, which you probably already have anyway as you need it to get XBMC's sources. And use apply patch from the context menu. After that you obviously need to compile a new binary (using VS2003 + XDK -> the standard routine)....
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
thx for the hint. Big Grin

Did apply the patch.Nod
Working on standard routine now. Laugh
XBMCG33K Wrote:Seriously? I'm simply asking a question no need to go and get all riled up over a SIMPLE QUESTION.

Flipped through the thread didnt find any useful info so I ASKED.

This is the [b]XBMC for Xbox Specific Support Thread. Right?
[/b]

I agree with you 100% no need for his bad attitude, maybe we should just call Spiff grumpy instead
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
If he reads the thread he should have seen my reply, think its answer enough isn't it?

blittan Wrote:when arnova has the time/energy to do it, but not sure if mediaflagging will work on the xbox..
thanks for the kinder replies.
Sad

Did test media flagging on the xbox (ThxSmile TheQuestor) and did fetch some audio/video flags but xbox crashes after a while.

Used Minimeedia and did test with own userdata and default userdata with little source (17 movies).
Result is the same few flags and xbox crashes. CPU 100%

This is a sad moment for me Sad
Until now I didn't really miss any feature on the xbox platform, Media flagging would be the first feature I would really miss.
the workaround in some of the skins works nicely with minimal performance hit as far as I know. I hope that someone will do a mod of Jezz_x mediastream redux with the inskin media flagging. If not, I will sadly live without this feature as Mediastream redux has most of what I want in a skin and works so smoothly on xbox.
Waffa Wrote:Sad

Did test media flagging on the xbox (ThxSmile TheQuestor) and did fetch some audio/video flags but xbox crashes after a while.

Used Minimeedia and did test with own userdata and default userdata with little source (17 movies).
Result is the same few flags and xbox crashes. CPU 100%

This is a sad moment for me Sad
Until now I didn't really miss any feature on the xbox platform, Media flagging would be the first feature I would really miss.

Did you also try the PM3 (non-HD) skin AND did you wipe your library before testing it. The latter is recommendable as somehow I couldn't get it to work properly without doing that....
-= Team Kodi developer fueled by heavy metal =-
No didn't try PMIII (non-HD) because that skin doesn't support mediaflags.

And did test with clean userdata so no library and set to a little source content.
Scraping went fast and good.
The media flags of the first few movies are showing the others no more but if push info on those the flags show in info screen !! go back and they don't do in list.
CPU is al the time 100% and if I stay long in movies my xbox will crash.

Wife is looking TV so can't test now. Will test with PMIII HD
YES .
After some more testing, there is a way to get the flagging to work.

Thx for the hint Arnova.

What did I do:
Did set PM3 HD and used the lowest possible resolution NTSC 4:3. (That's what you ment Wink)
Switch off screensaver important!!
Went to Movies/ title (472)
Xbox starts extracting. did take some time but after while had all flags.

So switch back to 720p and MiniMeedia.
All flags showed but looked like xbox was extracting again.Huh
Debug was on and saw that memory was running down.
So back to PM3 HD and also here looks like xbox extracting Huh
After a couple restarts and reboots it finnally looked like the xbox was done extracting and flags works good in PM3 HD. Cool
And skin is performing good !!!

Back to MiniMeedia and still 720p.
Open movies and damn starts extracting again, but easy on.Oo
Problem with MiniMeedia is that the memory is going down (and crashes) but every time it did get under 2 MB I did go back to menu en restart xbmc this I had to do a couple of times till it was done extracting and also here in MiniMeedia flags are working good.
But CPU is 100%. Normally 70%, memory is the same 21MB free.
This means having problems to start video files. Sad

Find the high CPU usage very strange because in PM3 HD = CPU 30%
Have to talk with Skunkm0nkee.

It will probably also work good with Transparency an Redux, Jezz x productions. Btw Didn't test those skins.
In PM3:HD do you have multiimage background set?
MiniMeedia on the xbox uses a lot of cpu when switching images?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
No didn't .

High CPU is only in movies where you have fanart. Movies without fanart the CPU goes even a little bit down.

But,I do some more tests.

Edit: After some more tests...

Did set multiimage to PM3 HD but it is only for home screen, so makes no difference.

In MiniMeedia I removed the movies backgroundfolder and indeed in movies / title.
CPU went down to 85-90 % and videofiles start with no problem.

Title is the hardest map for the xbox because of the size of it.
That's why I test with Title and have 472 movies in it.

If I go by Year example 2008 have 107 movies in it CPU is also 85-90 % with and without background folder set. and also know skin works good. Backgrounds are no issue.

Still CPU is very High and memory running down while extracting in MiniMeedia. Why Huh
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] Native Media Flagging in XBMC for Xbox?0