• 2(current)
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
billyad2000 Wrote:What do you mean by extra thumbs?

Like this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50535
billyad2000 Wrote:...Although I have not got the slightest idea about how multiple people keep their work in sync.
Yeah, that can be very hard if the code does not use a well-structured modular and agnostic design that has reusable libraries, classes, and objects which can be loaded dynamically.

There are loads of (free) articles and guides on the internet on 'how to write modular code' with tips on where to start to separating your code into independent modules.

Anyway, I guess the first step is to set up t a public repository for it, like on SourceForge or Google Code, and then take it from there. This way, other people will be able to checkout the code and submit patches or make suggestions for improvements.

Nerd
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
New Version 3.008

Changes since yesterday:
  • Rescrape Movie will add HD Tags if the option is enabled and the tags dont already exist
  • MC would completely ignore invalid xml files, these are now added to the list by the filename, they can be viewed alone by selecting the problem filter. I've tweaked the rescrape routine so that rescraping the problem movies should fix them.The nfo's are validated by the presence of <movie>, </movie>, <title>, and </title> tags to avoid scene nfo files been added.
  • Keep file/folder names as title has been enabled
  • When movies are updated, the movie list is now updated accordingly, additionally, the filter data is also updated. When a movie is altered (via rescrape, quicksave etc) the list now updates to keep the list correct by the filters. eg you have the list showing unwatched movies, you change one movie to watched, this will now be removed from the list as it is no longer a match.
  • Changing a movie via edit would not use the correct name for the browser search.
  • View and crop poster on Movie edit has been re-enabled
  • View filedetails button is now working

Download Version 3.008

Just overwrite the previous version, the config will remain compatable.
The new version has been working great. I love how you keep it simple and clean. Any chance the new version will have the ability to download the movie trailer like the previous version. Keep up the good work!
ekim232 Wrote:The new version has been working great. I love how you keep it simple and clean. Any chance the new version will have the ability to download the movie trailer like the previous version. Keep up the good work!

Trailer support is coming.
New version is great, looks much better than old one.

Working good, rebuilt my existing movies fine but then added two new ones and it scraped all the info properly but it isn't putting a folder.jpg (poster) in each movie folder, is this feature working at the moment?

TC Smile
Loft - Intel I5-3570K, Asus P8Z77-LX, Corsair 16GB DDR3, AMD HD 7700, AOC 27" LCD
Bedroom - Intel I3-530, Intel DH55HC, Corsair 4GB DDR3, Nvidia G610, Samsung 37" HDTV
Living Room - Intel E8400, Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H, 4GB DDR2, Nvidia G610, Samsung 52" HDTV
tcman47 Wrote:New version is great, looks much better than old one.

Working good, rebuilt my existing movies fine but then added two new ones and it scraped all the info properly but it isn't putting a folder.jpg (poster) in each movie folder, is this feature working at the moment?

TC Smile

It is not enabled yet, but i'll check the code and enable this feature later.

I have several other things I want to work on, but i'll upload an update with this included by tomorrow night at the latest.
Just wanted to say thanks for contributing and for providing your own forums instead of expecting XBMC to do it for you. Nod
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Couple of things I noticed today...

It was scraping 521 movies, and moving along, and then just stopped. I hit media search again, and it took off on the remaining ones, and then stopped again. All in all, it took about 11 total tries to get all 521 done. I know, that's not a lot of info, but that's all I have also.

Secondly, I have the checkbox 'Save files as "movie.nfo", "movie.tbn", & "fanart.jpg", but it was still saving everything as 'moviefilename.nfo', 'moviefilename.tbn'. (ie- 300.2006.BRRip.XviD.AC3-WHiiZz.nfo)
New version 3.019

Changes
  • Issues with naming conventions have been fixed, movie.nfo, folder.jpg, and fanart.jpg formats are verified as working.
  • Errors when renaming existing scene nfo files have been fixed.
  • Trailer download and playback support has been enabled, but only for IMDB.
  • folder.jpg issues fixed
  • List movies without posters & fanart has beed added
  • Issues when scraping a movies would cause the whole scraper thread to shut down have been fixed.
  • Over all exception handling has been tweaked and should now be more robust.

I have to say, I expected this gen2 to be a big improvement over gen1, but I have been very surprised about how few bug reports I have actually recieved.

Download Version 3.019

Just overwrite the previous version, the config will remain compatable.
People may not be aware of what should be working and what shouldn't. I don't want to report something that you haven't worked on yet. The one thing I notice missing is the ability to list only movies that were just found. I tried to sort by date added but that didn't seem to work for me. I will try again with this release. Thanks for the hard work. This is by far my favorite scraper.

J_K_M_A_N
I believe the 3.019 is linked to 008.
bobrap Wrote:I believe the 3.019 is linked to 008.

Well spotted, my mistake Oo

Link fixed now.
Looks great, any chance the ignore rar files option can be activated?
I set a value there but doesn't seem to save
Kudos, that last revision fixed all of the issues I was having thus far.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)1