• 4(current)
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
Livin Wrote:just tried the latest version... one you posted seconds ago.

Deleted the entire MC folder and tried the new one... still happens.

I even tried deleting C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\Media Companion folder... no help there

at firest it read nothing from the folder I set in settings... then when I choose 'Rebuild Movies' it creates the list, with duplicates

The config file for gen2 is located in the settings folder created in the application directory. Try deleting that folder.
billyad2000 Wrote:The config file for gen2 is located in the settings folder created in the application directory. Try deleting that folder.

Billy... I deleted the entire folder before trying your newest version.

The other media apps do not have the same bug.

Are you possibly reading multiple nfo files from the same movie folder and counting them each as a different movie?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:Billy... I deleted the entire folder before trying your newest version.

The other media apps do not have the same bug.

Are you possibly reading multiple nfo files from the same movie folder and counting them each as a different movie?

If you have more than one XBMC xml .nfo file in each folder then MC will add them.

But why would you have more than one for each movie.
billyad2000 Wrote:If you have more than one XBMC xml .nfo file in each folder then MC will add them.

But why would you have more than one for each movie.

because... i have tried several different media managers... they all do something different, thus some folders have movie.nfo,<movie>.nfo, etc

When I choose, in your app, to use the Folder name, I'd assume that means you considering each folder a single movie (like the other apps do)?

Again, only your app has this duplication result.

Maybe you can add a "clean" feature to remove old NFOs and images?
Livin Wrote:because... i have tried several different media managers... they all do something different, thus some folders have movie.nfo,<movie>.nfo, etc

When I choose, in your app, to use the Folder name, I'd assume that means you considering each folder a single movie (like the other apps do)?

Again, only your app has this duplication result.

Maybe you can add a "clean" feature to remove old NFOs and images?

It behaves that way because MC also supports multiple media files in a single directory.

On startup MC searches added directories for XBMC compatable .nfo files, then adds them to the list. I could have MC scan for media instead of nfo files, but this would slow down startup 24x since MC would have to scan for the 24 different media types supported instead of one file type '.nfo'

Any other app that supports multiple methods will likely have the same issue. Only apps that allow fixed naming conventions will not have the issue.

The ony fix I can think of is to delete all but one of the nfo files for each movie.
Hi,

Thanks for the latest update, have to say version 2 rocks.
You've done a fine job indeed. Thanks a lot.
billyad2000 Wrote:It behaves that way because MC also supports multiple media files in a single directory.

On startup MC searches added directories for XBMC compatable .nfo files, then adds them to the list. I could have MC scan for media instead of nfo files, but this would slow down startup 24x since MC would have to scan for the 24 different media types supported instead of one file type '.nfo'

Any other app that supports multiple methods will likely have the same issue. Only apps that allow fixed naming conventions will not have the issue.

The ony fix I can think of is to delete all but one of the nfo files for each movie.

This begs a question... what is the "Use Folder Names" setting for?

And a request... a 'clean' function to delete all NFO files except the one MC uses... to help those that have used other apps in the past
Livin Wrote:This begs a question... what is the "Use Folder Names" setting for?

Scraper uses the folder name as the search paramater for IMDB.

Livin Wrote:And a request... a 'clean' function to delete all NFO files except the one MC uses... to help those that have used other apps in the past
Perhaps, but it would be a fair ammount of work for an issue that seems to be unique to yourself.

MC will not scrape an nfo file for a movie that already has one. If however you have 2 or more nfo files using different naming conventions for the same media then MC will read them all. MC cannot be held responsible for other programs that have created multiple nfo's for each movie. As I said earlier, delete surplus files, it doesn't matter which, to MC they are all valid.

I could limit it so that a user can only use a single method, but the way people do things changes. nfo files are evolving, doing this would also lead to having multiple redundant nfo files such as you. If it is up to me, and it is, MC will keep backwards compatability unless there is a very good reason not too, and this is not a good reason.
How do I run 2.292 and 3.031 side-by-side? 2.292 has quit scraping movies, but I was still able to scrape TV shows from thetvdb the last time I tried, and I want to use 2.92 for TV shows and the new version for movies. I seem to remember a time where the program files were all localized so that it was easy to run multiple releases. Now my program files are in \Program Files\Media_Companion_2.92\ while it is keeping config files in \Documents and Settings\stew\Application Data\Media Companion. I am afraid I will mess up 2.292 if I install the new version to cure my movie scraping problem.
greybeard Wrote:How do I run 2.292 and 3.031 side-by-side? 2.292 has quit scraping movies, but I was still able to scrape TV shows from thetvdb the last time I tried, and I want to use 2.92 for TV shows and the new version for movies. I seem to remember a time where the program files were all localized so that it was easy to run multiple releases. Now my program files are in \Program Files\Media_Companion_2.92\ while it is keeping config files in \Documents and Settings\stew\Application Data\Media Companion. I am afraid I will mess up 2.292 if I install the new version to cure my movie scraping problem.

Install 3.031 into its own directory and run it. It will not interfere with 2.292
Changes for version 3.032
  • Sort by creation date fixed (Almost certainly)

I've been a bit brain dead on this one. MC stores the date and time as integers, I was using the format "ddMMyyyyhhmmss" Which worked perfectly on my setup since for testing purposes I rescraped all my 1000+ movies just a few days ago. Obviously it worked since they were all scraped in the same month and year. As I discovered today, the above would place 21st of may 2007 above 20th june 2009.

This version I hope will fix this issue, I needed to think backwards, but the new sort order is "yyyyMMddhhmmss", which hopefully any date and time will in all cases cause later files to be listed above earlier.

Download Version 3.032

Just overwrite the previous version, the config will remain compatable.
Any news on trailers with the new version? I've never got XBMC (xbox) trailes to work again for months now.... would be good to have them downloaded onto the server when I scrape! Wink
Geeba Wrote:Any news on trailers with the new version? I've never got XBMC (xbox) trailes to work again for months now.... would be good to have them downloaded onto the server when I scrape! Wink

Trailers are enabled as much as they ever have been. If enabled in the options then the trailer will be added to the nfo file. This can be viewed via XBMC.

If a link is available then a download button becomes visible at the bottom of the main browser, When downloaded XBMC can play these trailer files. You can also play it via MC.
Hmmm it doesnt appear to like Windows Homes Server... (Server 2K3) Sad
Geeba Wrote:Hmmm it doesnt appear to like Windows Homes Server... (Server 2K3) Sad

Have you installed .net (3.5)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)1