• 5(current)
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
I think I have found an error where if you are scanning for new movies and you have more than one (say 5) but only one has an NFO with the address to IMDB for that movie, once it scans that movie, all movies scanned after will scrape that same movie. My guess is that you aren't clearing a variable that has that link from the NFO. Hopefully this makes sense. If not, I can explain further.

J_K_M_A_N
I installed 3.031 today to overcome the movie scraping problems I had with 2.292 the last few days. The first time I ran it I had to configure my folders. I kind of miss the "Save changes" button or whatever it used to say. After that it did not load my 490+ movies, but it did scan the ones that 2.292 could not scan, except for two: juliet-of-the-spirits-tcm.mpg, which it thought was some Buster Keaton movie, and clambake-tcm.mpg which it did nothing with. I tried to do an Edit and Change Movie on each, but MC crashed in the way that it usually does for me when it does crash. I then tried renaming each file to include the year, removed the -tcm, removed the (196x) from each, and none of these would allow those two files to be scraped during "Media search". It would show processing 1 of 2 and then 2 of 2, and then no screen reporting the scrape like I used to get from 2.292, plus there were no .nfo files created. By the way, I have my movies stored as files within large dirs name movies on each of 5 harddisks. When I exited and reloaded MC 3.031, it did load all the pictures except for the offending ones above, and they still behave as described above.

Another question, I have my screen set at 1024x768 because that works best with most of my video editors and DVD authoring packages, but lots of text in various panels runs off under the right edge of the panel. Almost every panel on the GUI has something that does that.

Otherwise, thanks for the great work.

Stew
J_K_M_A_N Wrote:I think I have found an error where if you are scanning for new movies and you have more than one (say 5) but only one has an NFO with the address to IMDB for that movie, once it scans that movie, all movies scanned after will scrape that same movie. My guess is that you aren't clearing a variable that has that link from the NFO. Hopefully this makes sense. If not, I can explain further.

J_K_M_A_N

iI'm not 100% whats causing this, all the variables are dimmed within the loop (Through new movies) This should reset them to nothing.

I've manually set them to "" for the next version, i'll upload by the end of tomorrow, hopefully this will fix the issue.
greybeard Wrote:I installed 3.031 today to overcome the movie scraping problems I had with 2.292 the last few days. The first time I ran it I had to configure my folders. I kind of miss the "Save changes" button or whatever it used to say. After that it did not load my 490+ movies, but it did scan the ones that 2.292 could not scan, except for two: juliet-of-the-spirits-tcm.mpg, which it thought was some Buster Keaton movie, and clambake-tcm.mpg which it did nothing with. I tried to do an Edit and Change Movie on each, but MC crashed in the way that it usually does for me when it does crash. I then tried renaming each file to include the year, removed the -tcm, removed the (196x) from each, and none of these would allow those two files to be scraped during "Media search". It would show processing 1 of 2 and then 2 of 2, and then no screen reporting the scrape like I used to get from 2.292, plus there were no .nfo files created. By the way, I have my movies stored as files within large dirs name movies on each of 5 harddisks. When I exited and reloaded MC 3.031, it did load all the pictures except for the offending ones above, and they still behave as described above.

Another question, I have my screen set at 1024x768 because that works best with most of my video editors and DVD authoring packages, but lots of text in various panels runs off under the right edge of the panel. Almost every panel on the GUI has something that does that.

Otherwise, thanks for the great work.

Stew

I have yet to complete the rebuilding after new movie folders have been added to the preferences screen, i'll be spending some time on this over the next week or so.

I created the two files you mentioned - "juliet-of-the-spirits-tcm.mpg" scraped as steamboat jim. "clambake-tcm.mpg" was not found and a blank nfo was created.

The basic function of the program is working properly, I did however find a couple of related issues that have been fixed. When changing movie then the browser would just hang.

The "clambake-tcm.nfo" was created and was listed, although I did notice that the sort by creation date order on newly scraped nfo's was wrong, clambake-tcm was located further down my list.

What exactly did you mean by "MC crashed in the way that it usually does for me when it does crash.", MC should never crash, it is vital that these issues are reported, what is the error message.

The ordering problems are now fixed, as is the browser hanging, i'll upload a build tomorrow.

As for the resolution, MC displays fine at 1024x768. This is an issue that has been raised before and not just for that resolution, it is an error with .net that does not scale things properly when other than default DPI is used within windows, there is nothing I can do about it. If you are using vista the option is located in the personalize screen in the left hand pain.
billyad2000 Wrote:Have you installed .net (3.5)

Yep - have it running now and my Vista 32bit machine - having problems here to.... after installing and setting up options I clicked "scan folders and scrape" and it sees all 600-ish folders but only scans a few of them in... I've has as low as 1 movie but I've just tried again and I have 40 now... tried running it over and over but it wont bring anymore movies up.. Blush
Are you using 3.032
billyad2000 Wrote:Are you using 3.032

Hmmmm... dunno.... one from the first post?
Geeba Wrote:Hmmmm... dunno.... one from the first post?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=364...stcount=56
Aha - much better - thanks Billyad Big Grin
billyad2000 Wrote:I have yet to complete the rebuilding after new movie folders have been added to the preferences screen, i'll be spending some time on this over the next week or so.

I created the two files you mentioned - "juliet-of-the-spirits-tcm.mpg" scraped as steamboat jim. "clambake-tcm.mpg" was not found and a blank nfo was created.

I tried changing the names, removing one element at a time. Even with just clambake.mpg and juliet-of-the-spirits.mpg I still get errors. I removed them from the drive where they were to a different drive, from f:\movies to g:\movies, and that did not matter either. I installed 3.032 and somewhere along the line I could not even force MC to find the movies. If I created a .nfo file for each and try to "Change Movie" to force a re-scrape, I get the old reliable error message, which I have cut and pasted to a text file. I have included farther down in this post. I really do not understand it. At one time I was good enough at C to port 40-100,000 line 32-bit UNIX programs to 16-bit Xenix and MS-DOS, but the only object-oriented language I have any ability in is PROLOG, and all these Windows libs are blackboxes that I do not understand.

Quote:The basic function of the program is working properly, I did however find a couple of related issues that have been fixed. When changing movie then the browser would just hang.

When I did a bunch of Change Movies on movies that had been miscraped by 3.031 or 3.032, using 3.032, I had the movie list in filename mode, and when I edited the nfo files, the name of the movie displayed in the panel changed to "movies". At one time I had several movies displaying as filename "movies". In C I would suspect a structure reference error in the panel display routines, like you were referring to a structure with 1 degree too-little or too-much indirection (I am really fuzzy on C structures), getting a value of the name of the structure rather than the element you want.

Quote:The "clambake-tcm.nfo" was created and was listed, although I did notice that the sort by creation date order on newly scraped nfo's was wrong, clambake-tcm was located further down my list.

As I said above, I cannot even get it to create an empty .nfo file. Is that a config option? I have created my own movie-skeleton.nfo

Quote:What exactly did you mean by "MC crashed in the way that it usually does for me when it does crash.", MC should never crash, it is vital that these issues are reported, what is the error message.
As I say above, I have collected the e-message in a text file.
Here is from that file I have:

I cannot cut the text in the top of the dialog box, but it says "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.... An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1."

Here is the error message:

************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 62.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityName()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityReference()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
at Media_Companion.Form2.Button14_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

When I pressed the "Continue" button I was taken back to the MC Edit screen, but the Title field had been cleared. If I select the rightmost button which I think is labeled "Quit" the program exits.

Quote:The ordering problems are now fixed, as is the browser hanging, i'll upload a build tomorrow.

As for the resolution, MC displays fine at 1024x768. This is an issue that has been raised before and not just for that resolution, it is an error with .net that does not scale things properly when other than default DPI is used within windows, there is nothing I can do about it. If you are using vista the option is located in the personalize screen in the left hand pain.

I am on WinXP SP2. I cannot upgrade to SP3 because I do not have a good restore point. I only use the Win PC for video stuff and do all my other computing on Linux.
greybeard Wrote:I cannot cut the text in the top of the dialog box, but it says "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.... An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1."

Here is the error message:

************** Exception Text **************
System.Xml.XmlException: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 62.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityName()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEntityReference()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadNode(Boolean skipOverWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
at Media_Companion.Form2.Button14_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

Thanks, it took some doing, but i've been able to track down the problem and duplicate it. There is an error within the IMPA scraper, as a temporary workaround you should disable the option to add IMPA posters urls to the nfo file.

Fortunately there is only this single issue causing all your problems, but when searching for new media the exception was caught and no nfo file created.

I'll have a fix within a few days.
billyad2000 Wrote:Thanks, it took some doing, but i've been able to track down the problem and duplicate it. There is an error within the IMPA scraper, as a temporary workaround you should disable the option to add IMPA posters urls to the nfo file.

I went to settings and unchecked the IMPA box on the left of the movie scraper screen, and changed the priority for thumbnails on the lower right so that IMPA was last. I then did "Change Movie" on both movies (remember I had hand-crafted nfo files for them) it worked like a charm. Thanks for the quick response. So will it create blank nfo files now?

Quote:Fortunately there is only this single issue causing all your problems, but when searching for new media the exception was caught and no nfo file created.

I'll have a fix within a few days.

A suggestion about the location of the fanart and poster buttons on the main screen: since the poster is displayed on the right it would be more cognitively salient if the location of fanart and poster were orthogonal to the location of the buttons. I think it makes sense to have poster on the right, so have you thought of moving the buttons to match?

Stew
No

Did a fresh complete setup. All of my movies are in a single directory. When media companion scans my movies. It picks one movie and creates the the nfo files for each movie with the exact same content. In other words it picked up 28 days later first. It then placed all the information for 28 days later for each of my 104 movies in that directory. The fanart and thumbs are name correctly for each movie, but its the same poster and fanart for each movie. One of the earlier versions of media companion use to handle this flawlessly, but the last 4 updates of the old media companion it was broke and its not working with gen 2.

For reasons I can't explain. This time it worked correctly. I didn't change any settings at all. Just simply deleted all the thumbs, nfo, and fanart files and rescanned the folder. I must admit I am impressed on how well it picked up all the movies. The accuracy of the scrape is a large improvement over the older versions of media companion and the XBMC scraper.
tvieson Wrote:No

Did a fresh complete setup. All of my movies are in a single directory. When media companion scans my movies. It picks one movie and creates the the nfo files for each movie with the exact same content. In other words it picked up 28 days later first. It then placed all the information for 28 days later for each of my 104 movies in that directory. The fanart and thumbs are name correctly for each movie, but its the same poster and fanart for each movie. One of the earlier versions of media companion use to handle this flawlessly, but the last 4 updates of the old media companion it was broke and its not working with gen 2.

For reasons I can't explain. This time it worked correctly. I didn't change any settings at all. Just simply deleted all the thumbs, nfo, and fanart files and rescanned the folder. I must admit I am impressed on how well it picked up all the movies. The accuracy of the scrape is a large improvement over the older versions of media companion and the XBMC scraper.

MC searches withing existing (scene) nfo files for an IMDB ID to increase accuracy, this error is caused when such a file exists, each of the following movies is scraped according to this ID. It will be fixed today.
Come accross another small problem... movies that start with "The" ie The Dutchess or The List seem to appear as "Dutches The" or "List The" and when I try to edit them they go to the correct way round "The List" for example but sometimes I get both denotions of it when I scan... each folder only has the movie in once... as an AVI and not split accross CD1 and CD2 for example.... Huh any ideas?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)1