• 69(current)
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
snelvuur Wrote:looking at a bunch of media managers, but they all seems to miss 1 nice feature. Integration with trakt.tv, i dont think its hard (more time consuming) for a descent coder. Would make a really good addition to the program. Sure you can export the db, put it in xbmc and use the xbmc plugin , but its a "nice to have"

I had a look at trakt.tv, but admittedly, I don't quite get it. What is Media Companion supposed to do with it, exactly? My impression is that it is a fledgling social service who are actively developing plug-ins themselves for popular platforms such as XBMC.
My recommendation is you log an issue/feature at Media Companion with a thorough explanation of expected outcome, and maybe a little bit about how it works! There might be devs there who are a bit more "savvy" than me who would like to undertake it!
hythers Wrote:I had my Media Library all sorted with Media Companion, but every time i add it to XBMC it starts its own scraping, and overwrites.
can anyone point me in the right direction as I am now suffering from information overload after reading the wiki's, and can't see the wood for the trees.

Just to be sure, are you sure XBMC isn't just reading the .nfo files? Or is the result definitely different?
I have a genuine interest in your situation because after a fresh OS and Eden RC1 install, I am having a bit of trouble scanning the movies in (TV was definitely reading in from NFO tho'). I notice there are new options (or options I haven't seen before) in Eden, so I wonder if I'm having the same problem as you!
Quokka1979 Wrote:for some reason xbmc does'nt seem to load all the movie.nfo files.
Is there only support for <movie>.nfo?
if so how do I change mc to spit them out?

This may be part of the issue above.

Support for movie.nfo (as opposed to <movie filename>.nfo) is only if each movie is in its own folder. I noticed there is an option in XBMC's Set Content to indicate that your files use this structure.

Apart from this, maybe there is a change in the new Eden release, although I never had any problem in the beta2.

EDIT: I take it back; it had nothing to do with XBMC! For some reason, the folder with movies in it had revoked permissions whereas every other folder did not. I have no idea how it got in that state but it's sorted now.
HueyHq Wrote:This may be part of the issue above.

Support for movie.nfo (as opposed to <movie filename>.nfo) is only if each movie is in its own folder. I noticed there is an option in XBMC's Set Content to indicate that your files use this structure.

Apart from this, maybe there is a change in the new Eden release, although I never had any problem in the beta2.

Sorry I cannot find that function.
Movies have there own folder, and about 90% load like they should.
Some other movies just don't make it into the lib. for no known reason.

TVshows work, I noticed it did update local for some movies. but it's weird
Right-click on the movie root folder, bottom item of the context menu is Set Content.

If some movies work and some don't, then it is most likely a local problem. Either the .nfo files are corrupt or the folder permissions are screwy. Also, if some movies are stacked, there may be a problem there.
For further assistance, please log an issue at Media Companion.
Cheers.
It definitely rescapes, overwritting some posters, renaming others, changes to original language titles and takes an age to do it.
Recorded TV was no problem
Could one of you guys log an issue and include the names of the movies that are causing the problems. If I can reproduce it, I might be able to figure out what's going on.
if you could explain how to log it, I'd do so
I did send you a pm with the file location & nfo info

EDIT: I checked the folder permission, those where off. Fixed that clean/rescan xbmc lib and it works
Thanks for great app.
What about to implement stub files feature for offline movies:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...edia_stubs
Quokka1979 Wrote:if you could explain how to log it, I'd do so
I did send you a pm with the file location & nfo info

EDIT: I checked the folder permission, those where off. Fixed that clean/rescan xbmc lib and it works

Awesome! I'm glad you got it sorted!

BTW, to log a job for MC, you first need to register at CodePlex then follow the link I posted. If you're using MC, it might pay to do it anyway.
zbyna Wrote:Thanks for great app.
What about to implement stub files feature for offline movies:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...edia_stubs

Media Companion already supports offline movies by adding a folder with the name of the movie. MC creates a small .avi file of the fanart (static) and a customisable message that XBMC will pick up and display, prompting the user to insert a disc.
In saying that, is there something specific that the XBMC media stubs does that MC doesn't?
HueyHq Wrote:Media Companion already supports offline movies by adding a folder with the name of the movie. MC creates a small .avi file of the fanart (static) and a customisable message that XBMC will pick up and display, prompting the user to insert a disc.
In saying that, is there something specific that the XBMC media stubs does that MC doesn't?

Thanks for explanation. It is a great feature.

In my opinion one thing in whole concept is missing:
imagine situation - a lot of DVD stored in several cases, every single DVD has number and cases are numbered too

Title Number Case
Matrix 7 2
Black book 12 1

It is useful to have in message "insert DVD number 7 Case 2"

MC is able to create directories from text file with movie titles, but I do not see a way how to create for every movie custom message with DVD and case number in automatic way. May be I am missing something.

To tell the truth media stubs do not solve this situation too Smile So there is not any specific media stubs feature which MC doesn ´t cover.

But in my opinion using of customisable message for every single offline movie would save a lot of time during creating large collection of offline movies.
Sounds like a great idea! Far too organised for the likes of me!
I shouldn't be entertaining the idea, really, 'cos it seems like a whole lot of work for a very small feature, BUT...
I was thinking that it would be far too much work to add it to the MC interface, but maybe incorporating the extra info in the offline folder name, for example, "Matrix [BluRay 7.2] (1999)" where the info in the square brackets gets translated into the custom message in the settings. So, the media type, obviously, and then the index, with the index can be extended as required eg. 2 or 7.2 or 3.7.2 or even 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.2! Your message would be built like "Insert %M Number %1 Case %2".
Anyway, just some musings; just really not keen to add another field to the main MC interface!!
(2012-03-11, 10:24)HueyHq Wrote: Sounds like a great idea! Far too organised for the likes of me!
I shouldn't be entertaining the idea, really, 'cos it seems like a whole lot of work for a very small feature, BUT...
I was thinking that it would be far too much work to add it to the MC interface, but maybe incorporating the extra info in the offline folder name, for example, "Matrix [BluRay 7.2] (1999)" where the info in the square brackets gets translated into the custom message in the settings. So, the media type, obviously, and then the index, with the index can be extended as required eg. 2 or 7.2 or 3.7.2 or even 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.2! Your message would be built like "Insert %M Number %1 Case %2".
Anyway, just some musings; just really not keen to add another field to the main MC interface!!

Yes I think it could be pretty good solution.
To prepare such txt file is quite simple. It would be great feature, I was trying hard to find solution for automatic including offline media to xbmc library in vain. May be I have found it Wink Otherwise I should brush up my old knowledge of Delphi to prepare solution Blush
Any chance somebody can add a way to cancel the movie poster search? It's extremely slow, and if I see one I want, I dont need it to finish downloading the rest, I just want to stop the search and get that one.
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)1