• 71(current)
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)
(2012-03-18, 22:15)HueyHq Wrote:
(2012-03-18, 00:24)tinybilbo Wrote: Any way to download the trailers when you when you make the "New Movie Search" scan?
(i.e an automated batch trailer download).
Thanks

I am not sure, due to the fact that I never use the trailers feature. There has been talk about this in the past but I'm not sure what the status is. I think it relies on XBMC to do the auto download where MC just provides the link(?).
Some other users may have more experience with this.

Thanks for the info, I think that you are you correct.
If MC finds a link - it then offers you an extra button to manuanlly download the trailer (which is better than nothing).
I use the trailers simply because you tend to forget what you downloaded/ripped a few years back, and never got round to watching.
(2012-03-19, 13:25)K_Wall_24 Wrote:
(2012-03-19, 05:09)HueyHq Wrote: This could be one of two things:
The most likely is that it is treating the two movies as a multipart/stacked movie. Any one of part, pt, cd, dvd, and disk followed by a numeral will be treated as stacked. Try changing to Part One/Two or Part I/II.
The cause may be the magic number of 50; the scraping algorithm switches at 50, but I didn't write it, and I don't know how it works....I hope it's the first case!

Thank you. I changed them from part 1 and part 2 to part one and part two and its working now. Thank you for your help Smile

I was having the exact same issue with this movie. In the end, I ended up making my own .nfo file manually. Nice to know why it was happening though. Wont make that mistake again.

RBX
(2012-03-20, 13:40)rudeboyx Wrote: [I was having the exact same issue with this movie. In the end, I ended up making my own .nfo file manually. Nice to know why it was happening though. Wont make that mistake again.

RBX

You've done well then; I've heard of others attempting to write their own .nfo only to have MC overwrite it again! So much easier to change the file-name! Personally, I prefer Roman Numerals.

I think it is important to get this tip out because it seems the studios are really going for this two part movie thing!
(2012-03-20, 22:01)HueyHq Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 13:40)rudeboyx Wrote: [I was having the exact same issue with this movie. In the end, I ended up making my own .nfo file manually. Nice to know why it was happening though. Wont make that mistake again.

RBX

You've done well then; I've heard of others attempting to write their own .nfo only to have MC overwrite it again! So much easier to change the file-name! Personally, I prefer Roman Numerals.

I think it is important to get this tip out because it seems the studios are really going for this two part movie thing!

Im interested to know how most people structure their videos. I have each movie within its own folder and all folders within a root movie folder. Because Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part1 & part2 are in different folders, should they be detected as multiparts? is this why I've had luck creating my own .nfo?.

I agree, that this does seem to be becoming more popular (the 2 part movies thing).

I personaly use "CD1" or "CD2" when labling my multipart movies. (not that I have any at the moment. I tend to download a complete one if im keeping it for my library)

RBX

RBX
(2012-03-21, 12:37)rudeboyx Wrote: Im interested to know how most people structure their videos. I have each movie within its own folder and all folders within a root movie folder. Because Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part1 & part2 are in different folders, should they be detected as multiparts? is this why I've had luck creating my own .nfo?.

I agree, that this does seem to be becoming more popular (the 2 part movies thing).

I personaly use "CD1" or "CD2" when labling my multipart movies. (not that I have any at the moment. I tend to download a complete one if im keeping it for my library)

RBX

Yep, sounds like a reasonable explanation as to why yours worked!
In my time working on MC, I've seen that people structure AND name their collections in many different ways, which we try to accommodate, and I reckon the XBMC devs try to as well. It makes for some interesting configurations (and problems!) but I think the main two structures are the "folder for each movie", and the "dump all in one folder" (altho' they might be the only two allowed). Incidentally, we had a feature request recently to allow MC to convert the folder structure from one to the other, which I would be interested in doing as a dev tool for user issues. I use the dump-in-one set-up, so I have to create a mock folder-for-each set-up for some issues.
Multi-parts are denied on my set-up; if they can't be spliced, they don't get on!
How does Media Companion gen2 work with "Season 1" directory names?

I have it working perfectly with one exception. The only thing that is missing is when I enter a "TV Show" directory, XBMC goes back to "default fanart and poster" when I hover over "Season 1" and "Season 2" folders.

Once I go inside them, it's back to normal and shows correct fanart and avi screenshot.

Any ideas?

My structure is pretty standard:

TV Show
TV Show\Season 1
TV Show\Season 1\tvshows01e01.avi

To further ecxplain:

I can browse "TV" without a problem:
TV Show 1
TV Show 2
TV Show 3

Each of the above, when I hover over them shows fanart and poster.

When I then go inside that folder, I see:
Season 1
Season 2
Season 3

And when I hover on those directories, it goes away from "TV Show 1" Fan art and Poster, and goes back to default skin. How do I make Media Compansion Gen2 (or XBMC?) show Fan Art and Poster for when I hover over "Season 1"?
I have just been in to try this out. I have the exact same directory structure as you, so yours should work perfectly as well.
The first thing to check are the settings in Media Companion.
Ensure that in the TV Preferences that all the poster/fanart settings are correct - I have all 'Download' boxes checked, and the season-all.tbn set as banner (but that's just my preference).
Then in the show folder check that MC has indeed scraped a fanart.jpg, a folder.jpg, a season**.tbn for each season, and a season-all.tbn (if not 'none' in settings), and that they are all OK.
In XBMC, you may need to clean out the database. First try Clean Library... from System Settings -> Video, and if that doesn't work, you may need to start again by going into Video -> Files, then right-click your TV Show folder and select Remove Source, then re-add it.
Try those ideas out and let us know how you got on.
I'm sorry if this is a newbish question, I've searched the thread and poked around, but am still clueless.

I've gone through and set the watched status for my library in MC manually, while I was tidying everything up, but apparently XBMC doesn't recognize this. This is kinda a problem for me, because I sometimes take my portable HD (which MC is installed on for just this reason) on the road, watch things on my laptop, and can update it there.

I get that MC doesn't use the same flag as XBMC, but is there any work around? Or is this on the todo list?

Just means I have to go through and compare my libraries every two weeks.
AntiFish, I think the problem is that XBMC is not going to reread your nfo files. If I'm not mistaken, once the show is in the XBMC database, the nfo file is ignored. So updating them to say that a show has been watched will not update your library. You will have to remove the watched shows from the library and then re-add them for updates from Media Companion to show up.
(2012-03-29, 15:05)KeithLM Wrote: AntiFish, I think the problem is that XBMC is not going to reread your nfo files. If I'm not mistaken, once the show is in the XBMC database, the nfo file is ignored. So updating them to say that a show has been watched will not update your library. You will have to remove the watched shows from the library and then re-add them for updates from Media Companion to show up.

I removed the source folder, cleaned the library, added the source again. Same issue- Shows watched in XMBC are marked watched, shows I've marked in Media Companion as watched still show up as unwatched.
(2012-03-27, 21:42)HueyHq Wrote: I have just been in to try this out. I have the exact same directory structure as you, so yours should work perfectly as well.
The first thing to check are the settings in Media Companion.
Ensure that in the TV Preferences that all the poster/fanart settings are correct - I have all 'Download' boxes checked, and the season-all.tbn set as banner (but that's just my preference).
Then in the show folder check that MC has indeed scraped a fanart.jpg, a folder.jpg, a season**.tbn for each season, and a season-all.tbn (if not 'none' in settings), and that they are all OK.
In XBMC, you may need to clean out the database. First try Clean Library... from System Settings -> Video, and if that doesn't work, you may need to start again by going into Video -> Files, then right-click your TV Show folder and select Remove Source, then re-add it.
Try those ideas out and let us know how you got on.

Thanks for that. I tried the "Clean Library" but it didn't do anything.

I can confirm:

# Media Companion has all the "download" options checked in preferences
# I can see the fanart.jpg, a folder.jpg, season**.tbn files

From a Media Companion point of view, it shows "Season 1", "Season 2" and "Season 3" each with there own posters. So I think Media Companion is correct. I just think its XBMC doing something weird.
I can't get Media Companion to create a folder.jpg even with the following setting:

What am I doing wrong?
(2012-04-02, 00:28)kevdawg Wrote: I can't get Media Companion to create a folder.jpg even with the following setting:

What am I doing wrong?

Without actually trying it, I seem to remember I'd get a 'folder.jpg' when I didn't have this selected; maybe the logic has been reversed? If you get a chance before I do, could you try it with this un-checked to see if it makes a difference? Cheers.
(2012-04-01, 14:57)ff9b034cd2 Wrote: Thanks for that. I tried the "Clean Library" but it didn't do anything.

I can confirm:

# Media Companion has all the "download" options checked in preferences
# I can see the fanart.jpg, a folder.jpg, season**.tbn files

From a Media Companion point of view, it shows "Season 1", "Season 2" and "Season 3" each with there own posters. So I think Media Companion is correct. I just think its XBMC doing something weird.
Hmm, this has me a bit stumped. What version of XBMC are you using? Is there a chance there is a residual setting in advancedsettings.xml? Maybe PM me with a zip of the files of a single show that is giving you problems (preferably with no large files!) so I can make sure everything is in order. I also assume you are using a late copy of Media Companion too!

(2012-03-29, 15:24)AntiFish Wrote:
(2012-03-29, 15:05)KeithLM Wrote: AntiFish, I think the problem is that XBMC is not going to reread your nfo files. If I'm not mistaken, once the show is in the XBMC database, the nfo file is ignored. So updating them to say that a show has been watched will not update your library. You will have to remove the watched shows from the library and then re-add them for updates from Media Companion to show up.

I removed the source folder, cleaned the library, added the source again. Same issue- Shows watched in XMBC are marked watched, shows I've marked in Media Companion as watched still show up as unwatched.

The tag used in the NFO is <playcount>, which I assume was used in XBMC back in the XBox days! This may well have changed since, so it might be worth looking at the XBMC code and updating if required. It's a small point that's always kinda bugged me, so I will have a look into it when I get the chance.
(2012-04-02, 00:42)HueyHq Wrote:
(2012-04-02, 00:28)kevdawg Wrote: I can't get Media Companion to create a folder.jpg even with the following setting:

What am I doing wrong?

Without actually trying it, I seem to remember I'd get a 'folder.jpg' when I didn't have this selected; maybe the logic has been reversed? If you get a chance before I do, could you try it with this un-checked to see if it makes a difference? Cheers.

Tried what you mentioned. No luck. I even found the wizard that will let you force a rescrape of posters but still no luck. Any other ideas? In the meantime I will keep trying and post here if I find anything.

• 71(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Companion Gen2 - Manage your Movies, Shows, NFO, and more (Open Source VB.NET)1